Waiting for parts from Autoparts pro got any bad news on them ..i have

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

optimusprime

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes W124 260E M103
As above i ordered a belt vibration damper i got no information from them the phone number is none existance only way i got some one to talk to was on face book . I find after investigating that they are not in the UK as they say they are but germany ..Paypal Wednesday for me they should not give auto parts pro the pay pal payment scheme .

can you cancel the order and get it from uk stock? Ive looked for an engine loom today and cant get a 2nd hand one anywhere in uk. Mb have a new one in germany at £910, and if it isnt the right one, will have to make one up as there is none in stock anymore.

They dont answer too emails,, the phone numbers wont work . Also the paypal payments gone to Autodoc so it was then i started to check up on them and found a lot of bad feedback on facebook .. I worked so hard this week and replacing the cooland pump ,,but i am on the way to finishing it .I can go no any further till the v belt damper comes . The say they are in UK but are in Germany . I asked if it had not been posted,, to cancel it . Going to talk to paypal Wednesday . Had email at 5pm to say it was in assembley and i would be notified when its posted off .PayPal need to know about this because they let people that purchase from them use the paypal system

I think paypal have payment protection don't they, so you may be able to use that and cancel the payment through paypal? I am guessing autoparts pro are a buyer/ distributor separate to autodoc? I know autodoc are in Germany. I have just ordered a gearbox mount from them. I am guessing it will take 1-2 weeks to arrive as they are not the best at delivery.

On the receipt is proof that Autodoc is a part of them . But to late to cancel now its in transit so they say .And on checking in my paypal account i can see Autodoc took the payment .

I think if you wish to complain about a company, it might be better to state when did you order the item.
There are significant delays on items being sent from within the EU.

IS foye no my complaint is ,,they say UK on the end of their company name ,and to my mind then thats where they should send them from ,and not Germany.I would never have ordered the part from outside of uk . I did tell them to cancel my order once i found this out but it fell on dry ground . I can see its in transit .Pay pal said give it 15 days . And i have the front part of the engine off just waiting around for a part and its no good enough . The feedback is so bad on Facebook just take a look if you are interested . -Autoparts Pro UK thats if you can find it .

I'm surprised paypal haven't issued a refund for the part (even though it's been despatched). I ordered a tyre on 31/5/ from mobilemech-shop.co.uk. When I ordered it, I couldn't see anywhere that it wasn't a UK company/despatch and their site said fast delivery, 2 days. I then got an email saying it 'will probably arrive around 8/6'. I've never known them to say 'probably'. I did some digging and found some reviews saying the tyres come from Germany but they don't tell you and there were a lot of reviews saying that they don't even arrive. I emailed them 3 times, no reply so raised it with paypal. They then got in touch saying it's been despatched but due to the delivery taking too long, paypal have refunded. I was the same as you, I would never had ordered if I had known it was Germany and I'm not using the car until I get the tyre.
I got a refund this morning so on the hunt for another tyre now, uk this time.

Good for you my friend ..I told paypal but they said i had to wait 15 days brfore i could esculate a case .Just had an email to say they have been dispatched along with tracking number and i will get the damper in 5 days .So i went and tracked the part like i did at 9am to-day and it still reads that my damper is still in Germany in the same place .

On both counts you have my sympathy: Autodoc in any of their many guises are an absolute shower of....well they're often seen a week on Tuesday and as for PayPal, I simply refuse to use them anymore after fleecing me for over £1100 last year. Autodoc (or their aliases) always seem to pop up whenever you are browsing for car parts, they always claim to have the very stock item you are looking for and at a price that betters anybody else's, I ordered a set of Brembo discs for the wife's Mini from them and only after they had my money did it transpire that they couldn't actually supply them, steer well clear of both disreputable charlatan outfits!

Good for you my friend ..I told paypal but they said i had to wait 15 days brfore i could esculate a case .Just had an email to say they have been dispatched along with tracking number and i will get the damper in 5 days .So i went and tracked the part like i did at 9am to-day and it still reads that my damper is still in Germany in the same place .
When I raised the case with paypal, I got the usual 'we will give them so long to respond etc' but I use the 'message us' button and get them moving a bit quicker. I messaged them and said please help me with this etc and told them about the delivery delays when their website is quite misleading. It must be even more annoying when you are capable of doing the work yourself and they are delaying it.

Yes this is a warning ,, and from now on its the Mercedes dealers for me .. . Benz of Newcastle come through for me so many times. And i cant fault Autosesive . But some times we deviate from the right path . This will soon be another day gone,, and to trace the damper i now find the part is still on its way to Worcestershire ,,mind its is close to Germany ..

An absolute joke to be misled then as a consequence have an undue delay for a part and getting the car back together.

I just point blank stopped using these type of providers years ago for MB designated parts. Its a huge pain, if a part is not right, inferior quality, sometimes fitment issues.

I just now always hop in the car and go to the MB dealer and ask for discount. Knowing that I will get the exact part by latest next morning 99.9% of the time avoiding all the above problems in the process.

I looked on auto doc a few months back, as they popped up via a google search. First thought was - wow thats cheap - second thought was, for a reason.

I have used Autodoc quite a few times in the past and I never have had an issue with them.

Obviously the parts were dispatched from Germany and taken 5-7 days which I was fully aware of approximate time scales.

On one occasion they were out of stock on Lemforder drop links and contacted me. Upon my instructions they put the entire order on hold until they had stock from Lemforder and kept me posted.

At present if you order anything from within the EU there is a delay longer than usual.

I have used Autodoc quite a few times in the past and I never have had an issue with them.
Same here. And someone local to me too as I found an AutoDoc parcel on our doorstep and opened it. It contained a heavy crankshaft pulley for some sort of van. Strange. I looked at the address and it was for a chap about 3km away.

R

Autodoc can be a big help if your stuck. Once you know the part number you need , and then you do the search .The search at Autodoc is very poor they come up with pages of parts even when vin number was given . And to use the - talk to a rep service is so hard to make them understand just what you want .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom