Wales Rally GB - worth going?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

noy91

Car
CL55 AMG Kompressor ('55)
Was wondering if anyone on here had experience of spectating Rally GB, and whether they considered it a worthwhile experience, and specifically how much you can feasibly see?

I'm personally keen to go - both to watch what is probably my favourite motorsport, and also it would be a good chance for a spot of driving and to see some other historical sites of interest in Wales - but between fuel, accommodation and food, a three day weekend quickly adds up to over £400, which seems quite a lot for what would inevitably be a partial view of the event, so any input appreciated!

noy91 said:
Was wondering if anyone on here had experience of spectating Rally GB, and whether they considered it a worthwhile experience, and specifically how much you can feasibly see? I'm personally keen to go - both to watch what is probably my favourite motorsport, and also it would be a good chance for a spot of driving and to see some other historical sites of interest in Wales - but between fuel, accommodation and food, a three day weekend quickly adds up to over £400, which seems quite a lot for what would inevitably be a partial view of the event, so any input appreciated!
hi Jonathan when is it happening I might be interested to watch it too !:thumb:

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Chirk Castle is lovely, as are the marches around. However I used to go to Wales regularly at this time of year and the probability of the weather being grim, wet, cold and hypothermic is high, especially in the mountains, which you won't be able to see in said conditions. Speeding in between the rozzers out to get you going a mile over the limit is impossible because you can never find a road with enough straights to pass the locals doing 20.

Thank you Charles, all good things to consider. Will probably wait and see how I feel closer to the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom