Walk fatboy walk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clanny

Car
2004 E220 cdi
Ladies and gents, I know I have't been on here long but please read on.

I rarely ask much from people on forums but please read this and consider making a donation.

Just before Christmas I found out that our friends' little girl, Skye, has to go to America for hopefully lifesaving surgery. She's already had surgery twice, however, her brain tumour has returned. It couldn't be removed completely in the past because of where it is. There's a new type of surgery in the States, that may be answer. Her parents have managed to get the NHS to agree to pay the cost of the treatment but they still need to finance their way over there. The treatment takes 3 months apparently and you can imagine the living costs for a full family over there with no income.

I think in the past I'd managed to somehow block out that this was happening, not conciously of course, but as Christmas approached, it struck home how I'd feel if it was one of my daughters. I'd be out there doing everything I possibly could to try to save their life. I'd sell my legs. So I decided to do something about it.

And so, on a similar theme to selling my legs, I've decided to enter a 10k running event (note that I didn't call it a race!) to try to help raise some money for them. For those of you who know me, you'll realise that this isn't going to be easy. I've joined my fundraising page to their local Brownie troop who are fundraising too.

https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/walkfatboywalk

If any of you could spare the time and cash, I'd really appreciate it. If you could add your details to allow the tax to be claimed back too it means that we can get some of your hard earned back off the government. If you'd prefer, you can paypal me a donation and I'll make sure it is donated too. My paypal address is clanny7 (at) sky.com. Please make sure you identify that it's for Skye please.
Here's a link to the web page which contains links to the facebook page for Skye's American Dream.

Skye's story

Thanks for reading,

Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom