Walkie Talkies / Two Way Radios

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scotth_uk

MB Enthusiast
Car
Renault
Hi all,

Ben and I need some walkie talkies for the Nurbugring trip - can anyone comment on the quality/features of any of the models easily available: Oregon Scientific, Motorola, Binatone, BT, etc?

Would appreciate some buying advice.

I have a pair of walkie talkies that Graham and Sym borrowed last time, can't remember if they are Motorola or Midland. They have used them more than me so they can comment how good they are. You are welcome to borrow them if you want to.

Jimmy's were BT / Motorola I seem to remember, and they did the job fine. No sense in spending a fortune on these things unless you are going to be using them really heavily, in which case you might want to invest in some with extra long battery life. Otherwise, as long as you charge them up every night, you'll be fine.

S.

Hi Scott,

Having sold these in a past life I would also recommend Motorola as the most reliable and generally best functioning kit. They used to rebadge these for BT (not sure if they still do - but I would avoid Binatone as they were always coming back with problems.

Guy

Thanks for the advice guys - very handy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom