Walking in a winter wonderland ......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fuzzer

MB Enthusiast
Car
F25 X3 20d SE
did anyone else spend most of their way to work this morning watching the traction control light flash as your car fishtailed for grip ? :(

Having an old 190e - I don't have the benefit of traction control but I did have an "interesting" commute...... (Ah - the joys of rear wheel drive....)

Robin

Interesting is one way of describing it! :) I have an E220 (AUTO) no traction control - god i was all over the place, the abs seemed to be kicking in at the slightest thing - far too sensitive.

Still snowing here - so the drive home should be even more "interesting"

Clear blues skies in Kent as usual. We usually get our 3mm of snow one day in February when we close all Schools, Airports, Roads and Shops and declare a state of emergency until lunch whens its melted and normality returns for another year!

Why is it, that when most mums are equiped with state of the art 4x4's that at the first sign of snow they close the schools!! :D

Nokian WRs or vredestein WINTRACKS on rear. Both high silica multi siped wide grooved tyres . They can be used all year. A bit rumbly at first but you get used to them. they make a big difference in the wet and snow. Probably too intrusive with noise and handling on front as well. A good compromise in Scotland - land of scattered showers and sunny periods with the occasional hurricane force winds or blizzard!!!

Winter wonderland all the way to work! I had to go over the M62 summit this morning - it was fine, did it at about 80mph! Traffic was rubbish but no problems with traction, selected W and courtesy of the failing MAS there was no excess of power to worry about! :rolleyes:
BenzComander said:
Why is it, that when most mums are equiped with state of the art 4x4's that at the first sign of snow they close the schools!! :D
I saw a Jeep Grand Cherokee oversteer LOADS going into a school carpark. I'm sure the lady driving it got a shock, I was watching from a queue of stationary cars and it looked pretty amazing. If she intended to do it then well done! If it was an accident then she should realise that not even Jeeps are invincible. I'd say that powering into a snow-covered school carpark at 8:30am is pretty dumb, esp with all the kids about throwing snowballs and not watching the cars.

Shude said:
Winter wonderland all the way to work! I had to go over the M62 summit this morning - it was fine, did it at about 80mph! Traffic was rubbish but no problems with traction, selected W and courtesy of the failing MAS there was no excess of power to worry about! :rolleyes:

I saw a Jeep Grand Cherokee oversteer LOADS going into a school carpark. I'm sure the lady driving it got a shock, I was watching from a queue of stationary cars and it looked pretty amazing. If she intended to do it then well done! If it was an accident then she should realise that not even Jeeps are invincible. I'd say that powering into a snow-covered school carpark at 8:30am is pretty dumb, esp with all the kids about throwing snowballs and not watching the cars.

Dont have the joy of dropping the kids off at school often :D but when I do am always impressed :mad: by how fast a lot of the mums arrive at school

"Think of the children!!" :) !

winter wonderland

guys,

between 4-6 inches of snow diving about in my clk cab (w208) traction control never stopped but have to say it was fun never the less but all things considering not bad to drive and i have 18'' wheels on my ride lets see what tomorrow brings saying that still snowing really heavily over here

safe driving guys

later

don

We had a dusting in Brampton (nr Carlisle), no trouble as we ferried mum's C220CDi to the stealership to have severe coolant loss investigated :( . Fortunately, pools under front of car during this last week would indicate it's not the head gasket!!.

Am now looking at a blizzard as I type! :crazy: :eek:

Blizzard stopped, mum's car needs new neater unit & oil cooler lines, about £830 all in :( :(

Last edited:
snow, snow?................. whats that then? Just loads of rain here as usual :crazy:

Ahh well , made for some interesting powerslides in the works carpark :)

fuzzer said:
Ahh well , made for some interesting powerslides in the works carpark :)
just a melted slurrey in the carpark when I arrived.

I notice hardly anyone turned up at work today, WIMPS! :rolleyes:

I didnt have traction control today - I had to come in on the Bike since the missus needed my car. :mad:

...and yes, it was a little cold, not to mention hair raisingly slippy in places.

Winter & Summer selection on the W202 facelift auto box? How does that work? :confused:

mxs said:
Winter & Summer selection on the W202 facelift auto box? How does that work? :confused:
AFAIK,

S = Standard; normal 1-5 operation and standard R
W = Winter; unless you kickdown it's 2-5 and it has a different ratio R, also shifts at earlier RPMs.

BenzComander said:
Female Logic ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom