Wall mounted home chargers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

danik007

Car
CLK500 w209 (2005) V8 baby!
Hello all,

Not sure if this subject is allowed in this thread but I was looking around what charger to buy with the purpose of charging a plug-in hybrid. Any recommendations for brands or models? Anything to avoid?

Can’t see a problem with that topic here myself.

I had a very simple Rolec EVSE put in when we got the C350e. Things have moved on apace since then and most offerings seem to be “smart” to varying degreeswith connectivity, apps, solar PV integration etc.
The Anderson range get good reviews but they are pricy.

I suspect you’ll get a range if opinions!

FWIW, I’d get the highest power rated one on offer, just for future proofing. The car itself will take what power it wants so for example, I had a 7.6kW charger put in even though the car can only charge at 3.8kW. Pretty sure I’ll be in a pure EV of dome sort eventually do why limit myself.

Which car are you looking at?

Might be worth looking at an electricity tariff that gives cheap overnight rates too, depending on your other usage etc

Hello all,

Not sure if this subject is allowed in this thread but I was looking around what charger to buy with the purpose of charging a plug-in hybrid. Any recommendations for brands or models? Anything to avoid?
I just bought one from ebay, EVTools, which charges upto 7KW, even though the car probably wont take full advantage of it. future proofing myself

Did you get a qualified electrician to install it for you?

I have installed it to the consumer unit myself so far. Haven't had time to connect it to the consumer unit. Will probably do it on the bank holiday weekend

I have installed it to the consumer unit myself so far. Haven't had time to connect it to the consumer unit. Will probably do it on the bank holiday weekend
Are you registered to sign the work off to Part P of the building regs? If not, and you have not engaged someone to certify it for you you will be breaking the law.

Note this copied from the government website: "By law, the homeowner or landlord must be able to prove that all electrical installation work meets Part P, or they will be committing a criminal offence."

Also worth looking into your primary supply is up to it?
We have three cars at home, if they were all electric there simply is not enough supply from the road. We had a survey done and it’s not possible especially if all the house’s around is wanted points fitted. As for fitting it yourself to your consumer unit😳

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom