Walls cracking on Continental tyres

s88

Car
E320CDI & SL350
father in laws CLC tyres have cracked in the walls and had to be replaced, car is not that old.
MB dealer said nothing to do with them so an Indie tyre man has sent them back to Continental for a refund.

Apparently there has been batches of tyres that have had this issue.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
MB dealer said nothing to do with them so an Indie tyre man has sent them back to Continental for a refund.
Interesting response. If he bought the car off that dealer is the contract not between your father and the dealer?

kwakdonut

MB Enthusiast
Car
Frod Mundano TDCi, Kawasaki z650
Sale of Goods Act says the MB dealer should have sorted this out

Alps

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55 2004 Silver, E63 Weistec AMG(SOLD), E55 2004 Silver(SOLD), C36 AMG 1997 (SOLD)
MB should have sorted it out, but any continental dealer can sort it out... i had a full set of fuldas replaced many years ago because the walls cracked

JOB-BLACK-RAT

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 5 series 'ahem'
I agree with the other posts that I would have expected MB to replace the tyres as first point of sale for them, you would hope if they know a batch has issues they would inform those who had brought them, even quick fit store product and purchase information!

blaser24nig

Car
Stunning SL350
I would expect mercedes to sort it out but as usual they duck out of anything and avoid you like a fly as soon as they've managed to sell you the car...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom