wandering clk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mad mark

on uneven road surfaces my clk 230 sport wanders,on motorways there's no problem.tyre pressures are correct and the wheel alignment's spot on. wheel balance is ok also.235/55-17 tyre size. there's no squeeks,rubbing or any other strange noises,the brakes and wheel bearings sound and feel ok.... any ideas!:confused:

on uneven road surfaces my clk 230 sport wanders,on motorways there's no problem.tyre pressures are correct and the wheel alignment's spot on. wheel balance is ok also.235/55-17 tyre size. there's no squeeks,rubbing or any other strange noises,the brakes and wheel bearings sound and feel ok.... any ideas!:confused:

Tyres should be 235/40-17 on a CLK, but that is unlikely to cause wandering.

Uneven road surfaces can cause wandering.

You say it is ok on motorways, so I wouldn't be too worried.

Jack the front up and check the front bearings for play, mine wandered slightly and the bearings were both slack and a quick adjust and it was better.

4 wheel alignment made it a lot better still

Lynall

It copuld also be the castor bushes worn. See it alot ATM.

wanering clk

thanks for the tips on what to check caster bushes and wheelbearings are ok but she's still doing it!!!!:rolleyes: :confused:

wanering clk

tyres are 235\40-17 not 55 as i said:eek:. found a dodgy wheel bearing on near side not as bad now thanks for all the advice and tips:)

Is the steering damper ok. Take a bolt out and move it to see if there is any damping left . (or is it leaking )

If you have a staggered AMG setup , you should have 225/45/17 on the front and 245/40/17 on the rear.

Alternatively you could have 225/45/17 all round , but 235/40/17 are wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom