want to discharge battery, if there got a problem with keyfob for c180 w202?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

avigurl2009

Car
c180 elegance
I am thinking to discharge my battery during winter but is there any precaution I must aware of? This is my first car and I am dealing with w202 c180 mercedes. I read in a forum saying that its better to install Mercedes-Benz Battery Disconnect Switch so that it will not affect the key fob if I want to re connect the battery back. Any advice please? Thanks

You mean you want to disconnect the battery to avoid it getting discharged?

If this is because of the car not being driven for a long time, I would just disconnect the battery. The battery switch is useful if you have to disconnect the battery very often (sometimes e.g. during specific transport).

I did not understand the key issue, how would one disconnect the battery so that it would not affect the key fob, and how would one disconnect the battery so that it would affect the key fob?

Yes I want to disconnect the battery because of the car not being driven for a long time. Sorry about my previous entry. I am thinking if there any precaution that I must aware of after disconnect the battery (e.g. clock, immobliser or etc) ? I really need to know any guide regarding this matter. Thanks

Disconnecting the battery CAN cause problems, at the very least your clock will be wrong,& electric windows will need resetting. Before you even think about disconnection make sure that you can manually unlock the door & boot with the key blade. A better way out of your problem might be for you to buy one of those small maintenance chargers from (£23.99 from Halfords) & leave it connected all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom