Wanted 0 E210 drivers wing mirror, electric, heated blue glass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GJUK

Car
E55
Hi,
For my E55.
The spring clip has snapped and though I know you can bodge repair them i'd like a replacement.
The glass also is bronze rather than blue on the passenger side so I assume its been hit at some stage and replaced.

Does anyone have the inners of the mirror that bolts to the door and glass.
The car is a 1998 car, non electric folding but electric adjustment mirror.

Thanks,

Jon

Is it just the mirror glass you need?

What's the part number on the back?

When they go Bronze, uniformly or non-uniformly, it's the special fluid that's leaked out.

First one I had was like that. I thought "who the hell fits a bronze mirror glass"?

Hi guys,
Good info to know about the fluid leaking out, might be original to the car in that case then. I doesnt heat up like the other though so must have had a smack at some point in its life.

I need the plastic inners also, as the spring clip retainer has snapped off, so it flops around.

The part no on the glass is

210 810 02 21

also a small white sticker with '998 2C' on it

Ah, you need the stupidly expensive auto dimming glass!

I've got excellent undamaged OS & NS auto dimming W210 mirror glasses. Post up an email address or ask the admins team for early PM rights & get in touch if you want to see pix.

okay, so NeilRR has a set of glass @£75 each but I've just bought an entire mirror and it appears to be the wrong one.

The mirror I bought was from a 1998 eclass. though it appears not to be heated. the glass is the correct blue colour but a different model number as is the case (it has a large flat silver case release clip rather than the thin wire type)

Can someone explain to me mirrors on these cars, what I should be looking for when buying one?

I need a new mirror glass and a new 'mirror inners'.

Thanks,

Hi,
Thanks. post #5 explains you have some, not how to find them.
I wasnt planning on spending £75 on a replacement glass mirror, then additional on the mirror inners.
It'll end up 10% the value of the car!

What cars had these mirrors?
Would E320 or E430 higher spec models have them as standard?

Those 2 mirror glasses are over £650 new. If you had to replace the entire mirrors with new, housing & all, it would probably write the car off.

You have a top of the range car with sometimes rare, high end kit on it. I'm afraid it's expensive to run such a car when you need to replace that kind of stuff.

Okay, well I'm not planning on replacing them with new parts; which is why I'm on here asking for 2nd hand components.

My question (I realise this is in a wtd thread and I can repost this else where if better) is where can I find these mirrors - what other cars did they share them with.

Appreciate they might not be that common; someone on here can point me in the directions to models that had this option mirror glass/mirror as standard.

I'm just trying to achieve two matching wing mirrors, currently I have one that is brown and one blue.

In theory W202s & W210s share the same mirrors.

I real life it's very rare to find a 202 that was optioned up with these on the RHD side & unheard of to find a 202 with one of these on the LH side.

They are a bit more common on 210s but still rare, and very rare on the LH side.

When my auto dimming mirror lost its fluid, i replaced it with an aftermarket one that had fixed tint. It was still heated. The fixed tint has been great, and i wouldn't hesitate to do the same again. From memory, the glass cost me around £20, but that was a couple of years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom