WANTED: 19" Brabus Monoblock VI IN CHROME

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

t17nyx

anyone know where to get these in the UK? money is no issue. Only place i found em is in US and the guy wont send them to the UK!

I'm sure Brabus UK would be able to get hold of some for you.

Brabus UK Ltd. Contact Details,

3000 Cathedral Hill
Guildford Surrey
GU2 7YB.

email: [email protected].
T: 07071 244166
F: 07071 244167

(no connection, etc. etc.....)

I'll be able to source a set for you if you're genuinely interested. I would personally not go for chrome as it will not last long on our roads. I would have the centres in a diamond cut finish and the lips polished.

Are you after the split rims or single piece ones?

4d_1.JPG

Alloys

Try V12online.com - they do a copy of this wheel for a fraction of the price

i would much rather have chrome to be honest as i have AMG winter wheels too. what price am i looking at from the UK? single pieace rims would do :S

northernlad said:
Try V12online.com - they do a copy of this wheel for a fraction of the price

couldnt see a copy of that wheel anywhere. u got a link?

t17nyx said:
i would much rather have chrome to be honest as i have AMG winter wheels too. what price am i looking at from the UK? single pieace rims would do :S

Have u bought ur car yet... (W203) ?

I too have very good contacts in the states, we get all our show car engine ancillaries and wheels chromed out there.

there is an option to have a new 5 year salt protection coating together with the chrome, all normal chrome comes with 3 year guarantee.

Just had a friends wheel's done, took 5 weeks, shipping costs were more expensive than the actual chroming process.

If you'd like me to get them done let me know.

There are many different types of chrome with regard to purity, thickness, and whether you go for double or triple plate chrome. The latter in particular affects the final colour. We've been doing this for about 3 years now to our cars, below are some pictures of the results (please click links).

It's very difficult to capture the true depth of the chrome with a photograph

http://www.westsidevw.co.uk/albums/VW Shows 2005/Edition38_2005/Edition38_2005 008.jpg

http://www.westsidevw.co.uk/albums/VW Shows 2005/Edition38_2005/Edition38_2005 007.jpg

http://www.westsidevw.co.uk/albums/VW Shows 2005/Edition38_2005/Edition38_2005 006.jpg

http://www.westsidevw.co.uk/albums/VW Shows 2005/Edition38_2005/Edition38_2005 004.jpg

Last edited:
pics dont work bruv, id be interested in doing this, so basicly i buy the standard unchromed monoblocks, give them to you and you will get them chromes for me? How much $$ am i lookin at here for an idea?

t17nyx said:
pics dont work bruv, id be interested in doing this, so basicly i buy the standard unchromed monoblocks, give them to you and you will get them chromes for me? How much $$ am i lookin at here for an idea?

Yes, you buy the standard unchromed monoblocks.

For prices I need to know:-

1.) Size of wheels, and ideally the weight of each wheel.

2.) Whether wheels are split rims or one piece, if so I will have to split them.

3.) Do you want the tires mounted on as well?

4.) If you serious I will sit down and work out the price.

I've disabled hotlinking on our website, click the link below and in there is a mk3 Golf with chrome wheels at the bottom, just click the thumbnails, this is the quality of the chrome.

http://www.westsidevw.co.uk/thumbnails.php?album=132&page=22

If you are near London I may be able to let you view a wheel that has been chromed by this US company, so you are happy with the final quality.

The chrome is soo good on these wheels, that on another wheel we had done last year my friend hit a curb and had some pebble rash on them from use, instead of the chrome flaking off, the wheel has dented the alloy, and the chrome has remained stuck to the alloy surface, freaking amazing.

Last edited:
Very very roughly you're looking at £600-£800 for all 4 wheels if they are a single piece wheel, that's the whole process including shipping. Takes about 3-6 weeks depending on how busy they are.

For a 2/3 piece wheel costs more on the labour side so nearer to £1,000 for all 4 to be done I'm afraid, I have to split each wheel by hand and then re-assemble them when they return from chroming, every single bolt has to be re-torqued to correct setting.

Problem is the weight of the wheel itself, if it's a 1 piece 19" wheel they have to be shipped as 4 separate packages. We usually only send over 3 piece split rim wheels, which means we can get away with only sending the outer rim and the centre piece, these weigh very little and it keeps the shipping costs down.

I have PM'd you my phone number should you wish to discuss this in more detail.

thanks mate. what i will do is see if i can get these rims in chrome them self firdt as that wpuld save alot of hassle. If not ive got ur details ill jus buy the rims seperately and give you a call. thanks for the help

Hi Did you manage to get your wheels ?

The US is probably your best bet.

However, if you stuck I could offer you Monoblock V 19'' wwith tyres .

Let me know if you are interested

The thread was started more than four years ago, and he's not logged on to the forum for more than two years, so I wouldn't pin your hopes on a sale to the OP. :D

Good luck with the sale though: Brabus IV rock

Thanks for letting me know

I Should have paid more attention, who knows I may get lucky

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom