WANTED: 190e, w124, w126, w123

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gunning

MB Enthusiast
Car
800BHP Rothmans 911 / Range Rover / s212
I'm after a cheap project, not fussed if it needs a respray or a good service. Ideally not welding but I would accept it if I'm told what needs to be done.

Literally after anything old. Can collect non runners on my trailer.

Bump... Budget £4000 for the right car but happy to spend less on something else

Classic Mercedes pre 1993

Ideally straight 6 or v8

Ideally high spec

Could be anything so try me.

It's not in your age range as it's a '95 car but I would consider selling my 124 to you for the simple reason it sounds like you would give it the attention I would love to give it but cannot afford to do so. It's a 320 saloon with full sportline spec, there is rust but I have new panels in the garage for the affected areas (Boot lid and NS rear quarter) and its last MOT came up with rear suspension bushes degraded (but with no play, they have to find something don't they?) I have a full set of febi arms in the garage and am waiting for a subframe to come along to rebuild it. Wiring loom replaced and head gasket replaced, but I'm not sure if it is still weeping oil a bit.
I really, really don't want to sell the car because I fear it would immediately be broken for its interior / wiring loom et-al but it sounds you would have a different plan for it.
I'd even consider driving it down to Cornwall for you as a final road trip!
(Having said this I think the W126 above sound fascinating as a project!!)

Last edited:
Peter, I can't message you on here due to the fact you haven't reached 30 posts.

If you could message my number found in my old advert, we can exchange email addresses.

https://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/classifieds-cars-sale/150383-cls55-amg.html
Hello Gunning,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm just assembling some photos, as a taster I'll send them ASAP.

First the bad news, I'm miles away from you in Kingston on Soar Nottinghamshire, so a long way from you.

The car is on SORN and everything is very straight. Three owners including myself. I started to due the jobs that needed doing, e.g. Replace front wings and all the chrome, grille, bumper fittings front and rear. Then I started doing jobs that didn't need doing, just a series of customisation. The latest modification (not completed yet) is converting the standard bench seat into coupe individual seats.

I have never intended selling the car. I'm retired and this was my project and hobby. Unfortunately, I have stopped working on the car now, because my mobility is bad, I need new hips, knees and I've ruptured both my Achilles' tendons. So I can't crawl into tight spaces anymore. I still keep saying to myself that I will improve and restart my project again. My wife doubts it, and maybe so do I, but I am still reluctant to let it go.

My number is 07841 261326.

Regards,

Peter

W126

Hi Charlie,

I like your fleet. I can see your a purist and you like them unmolested. I totally understand that you aren't interested in this car.

It has also made me think, to see if there are any MB members local to me to assist me. Paying them of course, but not dealer rates.

So thank you for your reply, and keep on enjoying your cars.

Regards,

Peter

Might a 1994 M-reg W124 4 speed auto 320 Coupe be on your radar?

It's done a bit over 136K miles and having just passed its MOT yesterday with no advisories, it's clear till July 2018.

Interesting options include:

· Sportline chassis

· 90L fuel tank

· 16” 8-hole OEM MB Alloys

Key items of work completed:

108k mi - Cylinder head gasket

123k mi - Replaced engine wiring loom

133k mi - F+R Suspension (Arms, Shocks etc.)

134k mi - Replaced Driver’s Side Front Wing (OEM)

Would you like more info./pics?

Cheers :thumb:

c955 said:
Might a 1994 M-reg W124 4 speed auto 320 Coupe be on your radar? It's done a bit over 136K miles and having just passed its MOT yesterday with no advisories, it's clear till July 2018. Interesting options include: · Sportline chassis · 90L fuel tank · 16” 8-hole OEM MB Alloys Key items of work completed: 108k mi - Cylinder head gasket 123k mi - Replaced engine wiring loom 133k mi - F+R Suspension (Arms, Shocks etc.) 134k mi - Replaced Driver’s Side Front Wing (OEM) Would you like more info./pics? Cheers :thumb:

A lovely car but I prefer the pre facelift cars. Thank you for the offer though.

I'm after a cheap project, not fussed if it needs a respray or a good service. Ideally not welding but I would accept it if I'm told what needs to be done.

Literally after anything old. Can collect non runners on my trailer.
I have a 1990 190e Auto for sale. It has not been in use for a few months but in reasonable condition although in need of some attention. It has around 272,000 on the clock. PM me if you are interested.

Hi. I'm looking to move my 500sel. (w126). 1990, black, cream leather. Interior is very good, body generally reasonable but front wings need work. Bumper chrome inserts need replacement. Owned the car about 17 years. Mot due in September, 105k miles. Would love to get it back up to spec but just don't have time due to young family and work

grosser panzer said:
Hi. I'm looking to move my 500sel. (w126). 1990, black, cream leather. Interior is very good, body generally reasonable but front wings need work. Bumper chrome inserts need replacement. Owned the car about 17 years. Mot due in September, 105k miles. Would love to get it back up to spec but just don't have time due to young family and work

Sounds interesting. If you can refer to post 5 or 6 and drop me a quick message using the mobile in the link (it's mine from an advert) with an email address that would be great

Hi gunning ,
See yr advert is over 14 months - surely u ve got ......

If not, then consider £1500 for W124 of 1992 with 127k miles - just 2 previous ownwers in Beige. all works well and in daily use .
Ponton

Thanks for the offer guys. Still looking as I'm quite particular on models and engines.

Also large amounts of rust is something I don't want.

Wish I never sold my 300ce now

gunning said:
Thanks for the offer guys. Still looking as I'm quite particular on models and engines. Also large amounts of rust is something I don't want. Wish I never sold my 300ce now dde24

1992 300CE mint on the body, drives superb, blue/black with black leather?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom