Wanted 560 SEC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you have no luck before I could pop over at the weekend and have a look if you like.
Cheers, Adam

That looks absolutely ideal to me, the perfect colour for a wide body is Black/Black, very menacing.

Please, just for me, don't black out the windows;)

You guys are funny... but I like it.

Just make sure when any old skool AMG stuff comes up on flea bay you don't start a bidding war against yourselfs.....

:) :)

Picture scrap book of the conversion please

You guys are funny... but I like it.

Just make sure when any old skool AMG stuff comes up on flea bay you don't start a bidding war against yourselfs.....

:) :)

Picture scrap book of the conversion please

Sadly we all know each others eBay monikers:crazy:

Jay I knew you had the bug when you started on your SEC, but then the 500e, and now another SEC! Good on you mate!

This looks quite smart, love the wheels...

546298_10_full.jpg

546298_11_full.jpg

546298_1_full.jpg

My dad had a 500SEC an F reg one when they were almost new.

It was the longest car he ever kept. I always remember he would polish the chrome cover under the engine after washing it every week. He did about 70K miles in the car.

Ok it wasn't the 560SEC but back then (and now) it was quite a car. The seat belts that come out to you, the chrome on the door locks. Better built than any of the new stuff now.

He still talks of that car having since owned countless other Mercs

They still look great, you guys just make them even better.

Building yourself with wholly original components is the best way to go....all examples i have seen of original Widebodies are tired....and once those rear flares start going, it's big trouble, itll cost more to repair than you'd imagine !

talbir

Have to agree best to build it yourself so you know the standard of work done any problems you are there to sort out, nearly finished my 5 year project 67 Shelby GT500 :D me and my dad done all the work apart from bare metal respray, electrics and interior. There have been a number of problem along the way and we have been there to sort out.

A210 - Thanks for those pics, very close to what im hoping it will look like...
I will need to find the proper Penta's or split rims...

Andy_K went to look at the car for me and has given me a detailed report.. Thanks Andy!
The car isnt quite as described... the body is a little dented and marked, chrome is gone but the important bits are good, i.e. engine..
Also, price is reasonable and reflects the negatives.

So Ill be getting it collected soon!

Watch out for the widebody thread coming soon!

From what I saw it will make a good basis for Jay's project. OK, it needs a little TLC but at the price it's fine

Mike (the seller) is a nice guy and has said that he'll be joining the forum to keep an eye on the rebuild :)

The car isnt quite as described... the body is a little dented and marked, chrome is gone but the important bits are good, i.e. engine..
Also, price is reasonable and reflects the negatives.

So Ill be getting it collected soon!

Watch out for the widebody thread coming soon!

Jay, I wouldn't worry about bodywork as fitment of the widebody kit will neccesitate a full respray.

Personal taste, but I'd also dechrome it, i.e. do all chrome bits in matt black as AMG did....i have an AMG brochure with a series 2 Widebody....i'll bring it along this evening for a view.

cheers
talbir

Would you settle for a SEL instead? ............

........... Just kidding, sorry - couldn't resist.... lol.

I don't know if the deal has been done on that black 560SEC, but I've found this one, Jay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LOVELY-CLASSI...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:7|39:1|240:1308

Darren

Hi Mate,

i know the seller very well... Its the wrong colour but could have been a candidate..

Ive paid for the other one now, so committed!

CL420 - Thats the one I was looking for!!! I looked on all the sites and couldnt find it anywhere.. Nevermind, I dont think he would drop the price to what I want it for anyway...

Sorry Jay, been away all week and only just caught up! The red one is probably too nice as it is in any case - I almost bought it myself but thought the daily grind would kill it.

PS still got your dash tool thing - found it in the glovebox today. Sorry, forgot to post it, will do tomorrow.

Mark

Yes well the black one is on its way to me as i type..

I buy cars every day but for some reason this is another that has me itching to get behind the wheel...

Cant wait to start the project.

I now have:
- Full Wide Body Kit
- Original and Unused AMG Pentas specifically made for the Wide Body.
- A Donor Car

Both of the first two were more expensive than the car!!

Anyway, all i need is AMG suspension, some tyres and I can get going..

Does anyone know any good shot blasters or acid dippers in the midlands? The rear widebody flares have surface rust and need to be perfecly clean before I let them near the car...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom