Wanted 560 SEC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
For a project.

Post 85
Interior needs to be excellent
Under 130K Miles
Prefer FSH
Prefer Black or Red

Not too bothered about body but no leaks or holes!

If anyone sees anything could they let me know please?!

For a future project ;)

Cheers

Jay

What are you building Jay? A wide body?

You didn't buy that one from barons did you Jay? :D

I remember Talbir had a wide body kit for an SEC, didn't he?

There used to be an wide body Almadine red one parked up on the a40 for years. I stopped outside the chaps house a couple of times but no one was ever in, the interior had gone moudly, the car disappeared a couple of weeks ago. I just hope it wasnt scrapped!

You didn't buy that one from barons did you Jay? :D

I remember Talbir had a wide body kit for an SEC, didn't he?

yes, had being the correct expression !

Looks like that E500 has really got Jay on the slippery slope...what on earth is he up to now ?

Jay, if you've a new project, maybe you want to sell me back the e500 ?

talbir

There used to be an wide body Almadine red one parked up on the a40 for years. I stopped outside the chaps house a couple of times but no one was ever in, the interior had gone moudly, the car disappeared a couple of weeks ago. I just hope it wasnt scrapped!

Yep, I remember the car. It was parked on the LHS of the A40 as you headed out of town, just past the Savoy Circus IIRC.

It had sat in that drive for ages!

Will

Well it was supposed to be a surprise but yes im buying the widebody kit from Talbir and have decided to do the conversion rather than trying to source a whole car already done.

It WILL be more expensive this way, but it will be done properly, no shortcuts.

I may have located a car, if it doesnt sell before i can get to it that is!

If anyone sees any 9J & 11J AMG splitties or Pentas, please do let me know.

Anyone in the area of Battle TN33 that may be able to pop around to look at a car for me?! otherwise I may end up buying it blind, which im not too worried about as the seller has been honest about its negatives.

Cheers

Jay

Jay , try a PM to Andy_k , he's in Bexhill , not a million miles from Hastings ...

Hi Jay!

Another new car already? And another project so soon after the other 560s completetion....you must be mad! ;)

Mercedes Crawley have had a 560SEC for sale for quite some time, now.
G-reg, VERY low miles and a good spec - maybe a good base for a project? It is £15k though - this price offset by any potential mechanical problems?
Anyway, heres a direct linky: http://www.mercedes-crawley.com/Pages/g108kwj.htm

Good luck with this project. I look forward to reading all about your progress :rock:

Darren

Well it was supposed to be a surprise but yes im buying the widebody kit from Talbir and have decided to do the conversion rather than trying to source a whole car already done.

Building yourself with wholly original components is the best way to go....all examples i have seen of original Widebodies are tired....and once those rear flares start going, it's big trouble, itll cost more to repair than you'd imagine !

I built my Widebody DOHC SEC totally from scratch....had a good base then just added on all the genuine AMG bits....Widebody kit, suspension, full exhaust, Recaros, Widebody wheels, cluster and the DOHC 5.0 M117....only i did it on a Gen I example. My Widebody is absolutely no different to what would have rolled out of the Stratton factory.

It's much more staisfying than buying a tired example and spend forever and your savings on getting it back to a decent state. I think it's cheaper as well, certainly worked out cheaper for me, although i did everything myself in my back garden except the bodywork.

talbir

Hi Jay!

Another new car already? And another project so soon after the other 560s completetion....you must be mad! ;)

G-reg, VERY low miles and a good spec - maybe a good base for a project? It is £15k though - this price offset by any potential mechanical problems?

Good luck with this project. I look forward to reading all about your progress :rock:

Darren

The value in that car is it's originality and condition, you wouldn't want to start tinkering with it, it's just right as it is.

Hi Jay!

Darren

Thanks mate,
lovely car but Im afraid that is simply far too expensive just to be butchered up!

Im looking for a fair example at a fair price. Im more worried about the mechanicals and the interior, wood trim etc being in good condition.
The one I am looking at is rusty under the rear screen, but that will only add a few hours of labour at the bodyshop.

Me thinks Jay went to Talbirs, saw all the old metal goodness and the huge garage and wanted a piece of that action... shall we call you Talbir 2?

It is addictive! I didnt even like widebodies and now i want one..

You two are like kids in an ' old skool Merc ' candy shop ;) :D

Me , me , me , i want that one ...

and that

and that

and that !

:D

Jay,

Here's a link to one on sale via "Car and Classic". It's a 1989 560SEC in black with black leather interior & 103k on the clock. Owner based in Sussex is asking 3400.
No idea whether or not it's a shed, but might be worth a look.

Here's the link;

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C38184

That's unusual in that it's non metallic Black on Black (which would suit a widebody far better IMO). If it's as clean as it looks it's not an unreasonable price.

Agree with Mudster, colour is crucial for a Widebody...either Black 040, Brilliant Silver 744 or Red, or choose a colour from the original MB brochure press cars, most commonly Smoke Silver (702).

talbir

thats the one im looking at getting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom