Wanted - C32 supercharger bearing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gaz74

Car
C32 AMG
As per the title really, my S/C bearing is making some noise now and wondered if anyone had one lying around they no longer need?

I can order one from the US, but thought I'd try my luck on here first :)

Gaz74 said:
As per the title really, my S/C bearing is making some noise now and wondered if anyone had one lying around they no longer need? I can order one from the US, but thought I'd try my luck on here first :)

Are you standard or Eurocharged? You can pick up the bearing for about £40 I think! You don't need the whole pulley

It's actually a Code 3 version, but it uses the standard size bearing. I have in fact changed it already as it was noisy before, but it's started whining again and the noise does my head in! :)

Gaz74 said:
It's actually a Code 3 version, but it uses the standard size bearing. I have in fact changed it already as it was noisy before, but it's started whining again and the noise does my head in! :)

Blimey! Sounds like you have as much luck with bearings as I do coolant loss!!

I have coolant loss too.... And it's a leaking charge cooler, same as yours.

Gaz74 said:
I have coolant loss too.... And it's a leaking charge cooler, same as yours.

Mines still loosing coolant! Even after the leaking charge cooler has been replaced!

I hate situations like this, where you spend nigh on a grand and the problem still hasn't gone away. It gets to the point where you think 'how much more money do i throw at it?'

Yep I know exactly what your saying! It's getting to the point where it's uneconomical (and unjustifiable) to repair!! I've just changed another idle pulley and the serpentine belt this evening, so that's it for me! Any more issues and it's going!

Exactly why I got rid of mine Neil it was just getting too expensive to repair :( what's your next plan now it's still leaking?

And Gaz I still have all the original parts in the garage loft from when I had the eurocharged pully fitted, I can't remember what I have but if any of the bits are any good to you can have them.

marty359 said:
Exactly why I got rid of mine Neil it was just getting too expensive to repair :( what's your next plan now it's still leaking? And Gaz I still have all the original parts in the garage loft from when I had the eurocharged pully fitted, I can't remember what I have but if any of the bits are any good to you can have them.

Not really sure to be honest! It's had the coolant system pressure tested that didn't show any issues! No mayo in the oil, no apparent bubbling in the coolant! I've got a replacement coolant cap coming but don't hold much hope an easy fix like that will sort it! I'll speak to Olly from pcs next week when he's back and go from there! The system doesn't seem to get a great pressure up!? Sounds like your opening a bottle of coke, and the header tank isn't particularly hot (whether that's normal I don't know) Outside possibility is a stubborn air lock around the charge cooler maybe but doubt it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom