WANTED CLS 219 Distronic sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy27168

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
65 Plate E350 CDI Convertible, 2006 CLS 55 AMG, 1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
Hi,
As some of you maybe aware I am currently assembling the parts required to retro fit Distronic.
I am having great difficulty in sourcing the correct sensor/control unit, a need pt. no. A 230 540 01 62, the previous pt. no.s for this unit are A 230 540 09 17, or A 230 540 14 17, or A 230 540 17 17, or A 230 540 18 17.
Any help appreciated.

Message Richard from Comand, he helped me to get the right part numbers for my retrofitted Distronic into my W211.

I also took it to them to get it coded to the car and data card updated.

Mac999 you were lucky regarding finding a sensor for a 219, where was it that you got yours from?
I have seen one on e-bay in the last six months and that was from America, and was a bit nervous to whether it would be compatible because of potential software being different for the American market.
I have no issue with the correct pt. no.s numbers as I posted above, its just finding a second hand item.

Mac999 you were lucky regarding finding a sensor for a 219, where was it that you got yours from?
I have seen one on e-bay in the last six months and that was from America, and was a bit nervous to whether it would be compatible because of potential software being different for the American market.
I have no issue with the correct pt. no.s numbers as I posted above, its just finding a second hand item.
My Distronic ECU came from the U.S. and my radar sensor from Germany haha. I just made sure the part numbers were a match.

Hi,
I only need the sensor behind the grill, which I have as you managed to get from the states, for quite a good price, as I do not have a Distronic ECU.
Did you get the main dealer to align the sensor? if so did they insist on a 4 wheel alignment first?

Last edited:
Hi,
I only need the sensor behind the grill, which I have as you managed to get from the states, for quite a good price, as I do not have a Distronic ECU.
Did you get the main dealer to align the sensor? if so did they insist on a 4 wheel alignment first?

I used Comand to code distronic onto my data card and vehicle. A few days later it was at Mercedes Gatwick for alignment. Can't remember... I think they said that they would need to check the alignment and adjust if required before the distronic alignment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom