WANTED: CLS Orthopedic Seat Pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy27168

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
65 Plate E350 CDI Convertible, 2006 CLS 55 AMG, 1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
Hi,
Wanted Orthopedic seat pump for a CLS 219,
Mercedes A 211 800 01 48
or
Bosch 0 132 006 367

Alternatively as these seem to fail quite a lot if anyone has a broken one as I might be able to make a good one out of the two.
Let me if you can help.

Many Thanks :thumb:

Is it the carbon vane impeller one like this?
DSC_0172%201_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

If so, and it is this part that has worn, or more usually shattered, you can get a new impeller assembly. That is what I did for my dynamic seat pump.

Tony

Hi,
I took the pump out and it was rattling, I took it apart and the plastic manifold where the rubber outlet pipes of the pump attach to has melted.
The pump still runs as normal, so hopefully that is still ok.
Incidentally where did you source your new impeller?

It normally keeps running due to the impeller blades being worn, not producing enough airflow and overheating.

There is an ebay seller that has had some manufactured.
Very nice chap to deal with and is very knowledgable about these pumps.

Here is his ebay advert:
Mercedes SL R230 PSE Central Locking Pump Impellor Repair Kit | eBay

May seem expensive but it is cheaper than a new pump and any second hand one will be worn too.

Tony

Just for information, a new pump from MB will also require a new mounting and sound capsule as the shape has changed from the original. Not sure what year it changed. Damn expensive!!

Just for information, a new pump from MB will also require a new mounting and sound capsule as the shape has changed from the original. Not sure what year it changed. Damn expensive!!

Not sure about mine (2006 model 806 build) as the EPC only says about new airlines for connecting to the car as its been modified.

Cheers Lyserman for the link though like I said not sure this will be an issue with mine as what has overheated is on the end of the pumps outlet pipe but I will check the impeller later today

Not sure about mine (2006 model 806 build) as the EPC only says about new airlines for connecting to the car as its been modified.

Cheers Lyserman for the link though like I said not sure this will be an issue with mine as what has overheated is on the end of the pumps outlet pipe but I will check the impeller later today

There was nothing to say my replacement pump required the new sound capsule/mounting, until Olly tried fitting it...

Here are my old and new vanes in a side by side comparison:

DSC_0167.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Once they wear enough, the vanes drop out of their slots and cause the pump to seize, or the impeller to shatter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom