wanted - e220 cdi or similar, around £4/5k

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
1991 sl300-24 project,s124 280,w115 no interior, w108 project no engine
Not for me but I will of course end up getting involved!!

Friend after an e220 cdi to replace an ageing estate car. He only has a budget of 4-5 grand. He suggested a c class but I think he is a bit large for one if I am honest.
He'll consider a saloon or estate, I think an estate will be better but that's my opinion.
Needs to be a proper car, not a thrashed load of tosh, hence asking here first :)

What sort of mileage does he want low or no bothered as long as it's sound ?

Mine will be available within a month if everything goes to plan. 2006 post-facelift 5-seat automatic estate on 148k, Avantgarde with COMAND & leather. I've yet to decide on an asking price but looking at AutoTrader I'd think it'll be slightly over £5k.

Your friend should really focus on a post-facelift car, especially on the E220CDI: no SBC timebomb, and 20PS/60Nm better than pre-facelift.

My e220 is up for sale. It's advertised on gumtree and here. Pm me for info. I have reduced the price and can't go lower than £5000.00

What sort of mileage does he want low or no bothered as long as it's sound ?

It's just as much about the car as the mileage if you know what I mean!

Cheers

i bought a mint condition 2004 E200 Avantgarde, full leather all the toys, full MB history by the supplying dealer, owner lady owner from new with 59K perfect inside and out...done 3k in since 1st Dec 14....front abs/speed sensor, rear abs speed sensor, both drive shafts dropped to replace both Reluctor rings, rear boot wiring loom rewired, new rear bearings x 2, parking sensors that only work in the dry....and now the SBC braking unit....£1065 plus vat to place.....if your buying the E Class make sure you have plenty of cash in the bank for repairs...nothing left to replace on mine but l wouldnt recommend it to anyone,

This is resolved, with thanks to all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom