WANTED - E320 CDI 2008/09 Sport Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGreedy

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 CDI
After taking a forced and reluctant break from Mercs for 2 years, I’m seriously looking for a good quality 211 estate, or possibly saloon. I think the saloon looks way better, but estate is more practical, so swings and roundabouts.

I realise I’m not spec’ing a new car with options, but I’ve just missed a £5k Columbite Black W211 with black Nappa leather with every preferred option below, as I couldn’t get time to view. Gutted!

Strong preference for all of the following, but would consider dropping/swapping the odd thing:

2008/2009

Black leather or Nappa leather (with ruffled door cards) and sports seats (usually has contrasting white stitching on black leather as an identifier I believe)

Through loading/folding rear seats (must have)

Any metallic paint except metallic beige/champagne/Cubanite Silver

Not the bright orange wood that tends to be on the Elegance, but any other wood is fine

Heated seats

COMAND NTG 2.5 (the one with the SD card slot at the top centre and no buttons on the lower bezel)

Sport spec (not Elegance or Avantgarde)

Sensible mileage

I can take or leave any other goodies e.g. airmatic has great ride, but possible maintenance headache. Pano glass roof is nice, but recent 0.75million unit recall for debonding plus tales of exploding glass roofs is a minus.

If anyone has anything they’re thinking of selling that fits this bill, I’d be interested.
I’m in the Midlands, but will travel for the right car.
I’m not in any immediate rush, so hopefully something suitable will turn up.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

This is now on hold.

I've now taken the plunge with a 2011 E350 saloon, with a fixed rear bench; I didn't see that compromise coming!
We'll see how we get on without the estate/fold flat seats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom