Wanted full set of 19” AMG III rims

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

szucchet

Car
W219 CLS 55 AMG
Hello everyone and happy new year!

I hope everyone is doing well given whats currently going on in the world....

looking for a set of 19” AMG 3 rims for my w219 CLS 55 amg, does anyone have a set for sale or know someone who might be selling?

im about to list my w211 amg for sale and have a spare set of e55 good condition alloys available if of any use..

cheers Jamie

Are these suitable? Tho yours may be 9.5J X 19 ET28 & 9.5j X 19 ET25

They do come up on ebay occasionally either as sets or put a set together individually. I was lucky enough to get a whole set which I use as spares as they crack very easily. About half of mine now have one weld in. Alloy Wheels Direct used to sell them new but have been showing them as unavailable for some time. I dont think anyone makes them or replicas any more. I think they were only an option of cls55/early 63 only so limited demand potential

Thats a nice set by the look of the pics no kerbing etc (ask about welds.). And not a bad price given that most you buy have to be refurbed as well.

Hi
I love those type of wheels, best wheels for a CLS 55 by far IMO.
Bought a set but within 18 months every wheel had cracked at least once.
I gave up with them after 3 years each front wheel had cracked at least 4 times, the rear both had two cracks in them, I gave up when after all that I took one of the fronts off it had a further three cracks, in total seven times on that wheel.
I sincerely hope you have better luck with them then I did.

Yeah I unfortunately know about all the cracking issues, in fact, the ones I got have fixes in them. But part of why I love the CLS 55 is the look with the rims so taking the plunge and going in with both eyes open. I am unfortunately not a big fan of the AMG IVs.

Appreciate the warning and if anything it might help improve my reflexes avoiding the Manchester potholes 😂😂😂

Do you remember how much it costs to repair a crack?

They definitely do! Will keep everyone updated with my ownership of them, hopefully they dont present too many issues

When i had the spare set i bought refurbed at TWS I think they added about £40 to each wheel that needed welding They certainly do make you avoid anything that looks like a pohole

Yeah I unfortunately know about all the cracking issues, in fact, the ones I got have fixes in them. But part of why I love the CLS 55 is the look with the rims so taking the plunge and going in with both eyes open. I am unfortunately not a big fan of the AMG IVs.

Appreciate the warning and if anything it might help improve my reflexes avoiding the Manchester potholes 😂😂😂

Do you remember how much it costs to repair a crack?
Hi
Luckily i knew the guy well who did the wheel repairs, and charged me only £30 if he charged me at all
He would normally charge IIRC £50-60, but you would have to give him the bare wheel and generally it was the same day service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom