Wanted - high spec car - all brands considered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Watchcame430

MB Enthusiast
Car
Previous 1994 SL500, 2001 W210 E430 and 2003 Designo S500 Current 2005 S211 E270
Hi, my designo S500 was written off this week.

On the hunt for a replacement genuine high spec car.

Something unusual ... Odd colours , dripping with options ... Anything considered that is not the norm.

Need to have a good history ideally unless it is something mega.

Audi, BMW (maybe), merc again possibly ... Volvo, Saab, Maserati... Others ... Am open minded.

Budget ideally £5k

Please contact through pm or [email protected]. Thanks!

Sorry to hear that - what happened to your S500?

All OK I hope...

Am ok thanks.... I was rear ended last week up near Stratford. Felt for the guy though ... He was 88.

They wrote it off Thursday and assume it will go to copart or similar?

It looked not too bad but the guy went underneath me about a foot so spare wheel well crumpled along with everything in between.

I didn't want it put back together even though Mercedes approved we're going to do it. It was 50/50 but they decided they may find other stuff when they started stripping down.

Got what I paid for it last summer and 20k miles ago. Had just put £900 worth of tyres on it though!

Make a great breaker ... Saw the wood sell for a grand a few months ago.

Last edited:
Plus I just heard Mercedes wouldn't honour the body warranty either so that had annoyed me. I have a 2 year service plan I need to discuss with them next!

Why not just buy another S500 or is it a bit "been there, done that" now...?

Why not just buy another S500 or is it a bit "been there, done that" now...?

Did have a look but there wasn't any near as nice as the one I had. Plus the rust issue is not good if Mercedes not honouring the body warranty. Main reason probably "been there, done that" though.

I wanted an S4 but the Audi reliability concerns me.

Also thought about an A8 but I think I will get bored quick.

I recently bought a newer Range Rover autobiography which I enjoy driving so might just use that plus the SL for now. Can sit on the cash for anything interesting that might pop up.

They were my second and third car though so down my primary driver so it's not ideal.

Also just worked out the alternator has gone in the SL this afternoon!

I have a super-reliable W203 but the options list is somewhat short*.... :D

Apart from he NTG2.5.

* Edit : perhaps that's why it is so reliable - very little to go wrong. ..

Last edited:
I have a super-reliable W203 but the options list is somewhat short*.... :D

Apart from he NTG2.5.

* Edit : perhaps that's why it is so reliable - very little to go wrong. ..

Thanks for the offer ... I like my bits though :)

That was my worry - I was looking at a 4.2 TDI but I think I would get bored quick as well.

That pile is not accurate because it is not steaming! Lol.

There is 6.0 lurking but don't get good vibes from it.

I found a s type 3.0 in white with red leather ...

The SL is not pleasing me at the moment that is for sure! Would swap it for a Saab Turbo cab if one came along ...

There is 6.0 lurking but don't get good vibes from it.

I found a s type 3.0 in white with red leather ...

The SL is not pleasing me at the moment that is for sure! Would swap it for a Saab Turbo cab if one came along ...

I think there was a 6 when I was looking. I am a bit scarred of W12s (and V12s). Not to mention if the kit goes wrong and the 6 is probably 1 ton alone in gadgets. Nice when it all works though.

Hate the pre-facelift S type. Not at all keen on the facelift but would have it as a beater.

9-3 still looks smart - especially one of the last. Not sure I could go back to a Saab though as my 04 9-5 was alright - it just does the job with nice seats for me...

Test

Last edited:
Start again :)

Like you the 12's concern me but for the right car I would chance it. Something with red or amaretto leather would push my buttons.

On the jag this is just a work run around so the S type might be interesting for a while.

Fancy a Saab turbo cab. Need to tick that box at some stage.

V70 T5 also .... Jag XJ, Alfas, Maserati too ... So many cars!

V70 T5 also .... Jag XJ, Alfas, Maserati too ... So many cars!

...so little time and cash! Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom