Wanted Mercedes E-Class W210 diesel Saloon – fully loaded!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jam38

Car
VW Sharan 1.9 TDI, Audi 80 1.6 TD - wish I still had a Benz!
Afternoon all,

I need help in locating an E-Class W210 Saloon. It must have all the toys/extras and I have been looking for a while now, but have had no success. I saw one for sale on eBay, but before I could call it was sold. I have owned an E320 Saloon and Estate in the past and I really liked having them. Mileage is not a concern as long as it has been looking after with a documented history. As few owners would also be appreciated. We all know they rust, so as little rust, or even better if there is no rust present would be good.

Must haves:

- Command/Sat nav
- Electric display climate control
- Heated/ventilated seats
- Cruise control
- Memory seats
- Memory steering wheel
- Orthopaedic seats
- Rear incorporated booster/child seats
- Sunroof
- Folding wing mirrors
- Leather interior
- Xenon headlights

Would prefer but not important:

- 18 inch AMG Style II Staggered wheels
- AMG body kit
- Wood\Leather Steering wheel

I don’t really mind if it is a 220, 270 or 320 but it has to be a diesel. I think that I have included everything but I would welcome any comments. I’m currently driving a Peugeot 306 as a run around (which does the job but is not a Merc), and if this car can be found it will replace it, so please help me!

Many thanks. :thumb:

Must haves:

- Command/Sat nav
- Cruise control
- Memory seats
- Memory steering wheel
- Orthopaedic seats
- Sunroof
- Folding wing mirrors
- Leather interior
- Xenon headlights

With a list like that on a diesel,you`re not asking much are you LOL

I had one years ago that I regarded as well equipped.

Missed out on that spec by 3 - I think this might be the holy grail...

Must haves:

- Command/Sat nav
- Cruise control
- Memory seats
- Memory steering wheel
- Orthopaedic seats
- Sunroof
- Folding wing mirrors
- Leather interior
- Xenon headlights

With a list like that on a diesel,you`re not asking much are you LOL

I know, I know, but I really want a complete car and I know that I will never be in a position to buy a brand new car and tick as many boxes for extras as possible.

I had one years ago that I regarded as well equipped.

Missed out on that spec by 3 - I think this might be the holy grail...

I have been looking for a while and there must be one out there with the spec I want! Also, if I have others looking at the same time it will be very helpful as a few hundred heads are better than one. :)

What's the budget and do you mean W211 with you referring to the 270?

What's the budget and do you mean W211 with you referring to the 270?

I did mean W210 and you are quite right to point out my mistake it only came in 220 and 320 (I think).

I did mean W210 and you are quite right to point out my mistake it only came in 220 and 320 (I think).

They only did a 220 and 320 CDi in this country, yes.

What's your budget, I might know of a car that is almost to your requirements...

They only did a 220 and 320 CDi in this country, yes.

What's your budget, I might know of a car that is almost to your requirements...

Not really sure of my budget, but the one I saw on ebay sold for £2,500 so I'm guessing around this figure.

You saw that spec of W210 diesel go for about £2.5k? What was wrong with it????

You saw that spec of W210 diesel go for about £2.5k? What was wrong with it????

The auction had started at £2,500 with no rerserve and before I could call the item listing had ended. On the advert it had a few marks of rust but that was it.

Blimey! Perhaps it was pink and had done a zillion miles with no history??? lol

Not really sure of my budget, but the one I saw on ebay sold for £2,500 so I'm guessing around this figure.

With all due respect, you're going to struggle to find that spec on an E55, so even a 320 CDi Avantgarde is an even longer shot for £2,500.

The high spec W210 I know of would (if he'd consider selling it that is) be worth about £5k. The only things missing are the orthopaedic seats and rear booster seats on his.

But if your budget is £2,500, then I'll not even ask him what figure he'd have in mind.

£2,500 was the starting price so I don't know what it went for, but I know that if another car with that spec was to be sold it would command a higher fee.

With all due respect, you're going to struggle to find that spec on an E55, so even a 320 CDi Avantgarde is an even longer shot for £2,500.

The high spec W210 I know of would (if he'd consider selling it that is) be worth about £5k. The only things missing are the orthopaedic seats and rear booster seats on his.

But if your budget is £2,500, then I'll not even ask him what figure he'd have in mind.

Interesting position seeing as you can get a W211 for under that figure.

Do you think w210 are worth more than W211 and how much does condition have a bearing, as opposed to mileage and age?

Are W210 values rising or falling?

Interesting position seeing as you can get a W211 for under that figure.

Do you think w210 are worth more than W211 and how much does condition have a bearing, as opposed to mileage and age?

Are W210 values rising or falling?

The person I know that has this very high spec W210 would need a very strong offer to sell; it's absolutely mint, lowish mileage (72k) and is the highest spec W210 I've ever come across. He would look at what he'd be able to replace it with and he'd struggle.

I think that they're at the bottom of the curve right now (see my thread about my father in laws W210 purchase) and the prices will start to harden over the next year.

Besides rust, these are cracking cars and as opposed to a W211 with its myriad of electrics, they are quite simple cars which is always attractive to the sub £4-5k market.

The one of my FIL's is on 197k miles now and it runs and starts sweet as a nut. I was out in it yesterday and it feels so strong and Mercedes-like (if you know what I mean, moreso than the latest W212 E-Class.

I've got to agree. I'd take a w210 over a similarly aged w211.

Forget the rear booster seats, never in a million years will you find a car with those on it.

I would also be quite wary of lusting after comand of the age too. Chances are the laser is shot and it will be slow and an old phone system. I wouldn't turn down a car without comand as you could just modify the dash to take a double din modern DVD aftermarket with Bluetooth built in.

I've got A w210 double din frame brand new should you need it ;)

I've got to agree. I'd take a w210 over a similarly aged w211.

Forget the rear booster seats, never in a million years will you find a car with those on it.

I would also be quite wary of lusting after comand of the age too. Chances are the laser is shot and it will be slow and an old phone system. I wouldn't turn down a car without comand as you could just modify the dash to take a double din modern DVD aftermarket with Bluetooth built in.

I've got A w210 double din frame brand new should you need it ;)

Booster seats would be useful because of the little ones, but I would accept a car without them even though it is on my wanted list. The comand would be good too because of the novelty value but you are right that the technology is dated.

I did see a fully speced W211 2003 that was fully speced and that went for £6,000. It even had a panoramic roof but I really want a W210 with the toys and not W211.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom