Wanted - Mercedes with 5.5 engine (moderate budget)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark_le_b

Car
2006 W211 E63 AMG
Big ask I know - but looking for a new car - 5.5 litre engine (N/A or Kompressor)
Any model and/or colour considered
Within 40/50 miles of Gatwick I guess as I need it to be dropped off and has to be available to buy Friday 15th Feb 2019 (I can collect from Gatwick @ 6pm and head back to Jersey via Poole ferry) - I can't travel to collect, so would have to be brought to Gatwick
Preferred mileage sub 90k with decent MOT history (don't mind the odd small advisory which won't cost a fortune to correct) and HPI clear and in decent condition. Good service history and two keys would be nice.
May be too much to ask on my budget of £6000/£7000??!! Lots of tax to pay when importing - so budget not huge!
Feel free to shoot me down - or if you have something either comment or send me a message please
Thank you

Last edited:
Havn't got anything to sell ( collecting a SLK 55amg next week ) but just realised how much the cost of importing a car into Jersey has risen since I imported an E320cdi in 2012, from memory only 3% plus about £300 green car tax . Your import costs look crazy, nearly £2000 plus 5% if I understand the rules. Take it you can't find anything locally

Havn't got anything to sell ( collecting a SLK 55amg next week ) but just realised how much the cost of importing a car into Jersey has risen since I imported an E320cdi in 2012, from memory only 3% plus about £300 green car tax . Your import costs look crazy, nearly £2000 plus 5% if I understand the rules. Take it you can't find anything locally

Nothing local of any interest (maybe I shouldn't have sold my E500 after all)- the cost now is 5% GST on value of car - plus £1932 emission duty on anything that produces more than 200g of Co2, which is pretty much everything! Add to this a flight and a ferry back and not much change out of £3k

Bit late now to be worrying about selling, hope someone has something you fancy, assume you have looked at cars for sale on the forum website

Bit late now to be worrying about selling, hope someone has something you fancy, assume you have looked at cars for sale on the forum website

Have done yes - TBH didn't think it would be such a struggle to find locally

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom