Wanted new original MB W124 m103 water pump .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

optimusprime

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes W124 260E M103
Just asking if anyone as one that they never fitted for some reason or other . I fitted a new main water pump 3 years back and its only done 2000, i have an idea its leaking .

Are you sure it’s your water pump they normally last forever? If it has failed you will see a drip / stream from the pump. Or if it is leaking from the mating face I suspect poor fitting by whoever fit it and gasket failure only which you can buy at a fraction of the cost of a new pump! Best of Luck :)

amar the W124 M103 engines are water pump prone . This is the second pump i will be fitting .The one i am removing was made by well known maker .And its omly been on the car for 4 years and only done 560 miles in all that time.

Its hard to see just where the coolant is escaping from . I have only fitted one pump the other pump was original M,B pump .So i posted that post above wrong .The new pump will be the second one . I have a endoscope that i purchased just to find the leak,, its hard to get in under the pully to inspect the weep hole . Its booked in for the MOT to-day so we will see how things go with that first before i rip the pump off .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom