wanted original front driver side wing for W124 1985 - 1995

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is the old wing I removed , and as you can see the lip is huge on the inside flange .I had a tin worm in it The wing is off the passengers side and it was put to one side I don't throw anything away . ,the part missing was cut out along with the rust, as a patent for paint mixing .

Attachments

• DSC04209.JPG
    DSC04209.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 16
Trevor
5eaa1ddfc31c74a6ad0f1c74c31137ce.jpg
a5a91d952c55149224330dade8a4a676.jpg

Here is my original MB wing with added tape measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well i had this email back to-day to say the price for the wing will be returned via paypal. But as for the £37 i had to find to post it back to newcastle mercedes i am told that this will not be refunded . Reason is the wing is genuine original and non returnable item. This is wrong i did see the parts in a list that can be returned and wings are not in there . So now i am stuck . As the distant selling act reads , if the item is wrong faulty or if i no longer want it i can return it . Should i get ebay involved .

It works on “ item as described”. That is binary and non negotiable with eBay.

If they described the item accurately then you have no case. If they did not? You have a case and eBay should refund you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much would a panel beater charge to solder a piece on for you...?

Bruce , If this wing had been right to start with, then i would never have sent it back ..After looking for a secondhand wing for i dont know how long This time having a new one i thought it was the end all of the searching ..But not to be.

wdb its on the way back .I know its in newcastel right now and out for delivery Tuesday . And its not something i want to do with a genuine Mercedes wing anyway. I will wait and see what reply i get .Before i open a dispute case on Ebay. Item is not suitable for my car .

I have a question, I need new wings for my coupe, I assumed I would buy genuine and that would be that.

Regardless of the lip does the wing feel solid and ‘heavy’?

Thanks

I've got another question, how long has MB been selling Genuine parts on ebay...?

Bruce , If this wing had been right to start with, then i would never have sent it back ..After looking for a secondhand wing for i dont know how long This time having a new one i thought it was the end all of the searching ..But not to be.

Does sound like you've gone to a lot of trouble to get nowhere sadly. It's no consolation but when my coupe was refurbished 12 years ago I bought a pair of pattern wings for next to no money, my panel beater fitted them and got them spot on then sprayed the whole car. 12 years on the gaps are still spot on as is the paintwork. I think if a pattern panel is fitted by somebody who knows what they are doing there is no difference from an original except the cost.

WDB Mercedes of Newcastle have had a web site on Ebay for some time .Good for parts if you have a newish car .

The wings from Mercedes should have a star stamp and a number 1 on them .Looks as if the wing it self are made nothing like the original ones were , and just classed as a replacement . Lets face it i dont think that the tools that made my car wings would even exist after 29 years. They are made ,well who knows where .I have had better aftermarket wings and let them go . The lip is the problem with them .Looks as if the material was put in the tool of the power press out of location it then throws the lip short .I do know a bit about the process working in the press shop most of my life. To day i won my fight for a refund . I had to let them know the facts about distant sellers act . Then i found out that with out proof of my postage return back to Newcastle i would not get that back .I was soon on to parcel force for proof . So the tale ends as far as refund . And the cost of the wing is sorted out with paypal .And the postage is to be refunded in to my card .So in all i am fed up .And if i am not able to get the right parts, even new or used i might as well just pack it in .This wing as been a thorn in my side for 4 years.

Don’t be like that, get as good a wing as you can and get it properly fitted and you’ll love the car again

These cars are old now, I have three w124s and whilst they are all very decent cars they are not as new, doesn’t stop me enjoying them for what they are though

Chin up

I drove over to our club show in 2014 .At the time i did say to them on the last show of the year that i was not returning until it was mint. This year i thought i might just make the visit ,But i am as far away no as i was then .Somethings got to change ...

I drove over to our club show in 2014 .At the time i did say to them on the last show of the year that i was not returning until it was mint. This year i thought i might just make the visit ,But i am as far away no as i was then .Somethings got to change ...
Without being rude, and meaning this in the best possible way, change the way you see the wing, don’t let it ruin your enjoyment, it’s seemingly impossible to get what you want, so make it as good as you can, we are all in the same boat

I’d rather drive a very good 90s Mercedes than a “perfect” brand new one

Good information but i have the w124 but idea is the same . The flaps not the problem, i wish it was, its the wing i do need .Mot thursday just took the cover off, switched her on and she started up fine so far. I will give the car a run Wednesday before i take her for the mot test. Still looking for that elusive wing. No what i wont tell you guys just how many wings i have had .To long a story ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom