wanted original front driver side wing for W124 1985 - 1995

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

optimusprime

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes W124 260E M103
So after i gave up on ever finding a replacement front wing for my w124 after looking for 3 years .I made up my mind to go out and buy a new original wing from Mercedes . So deal done .On its arrival yesterday with the wing sticking out the box 2 inches on the bottom part of the box it rested on .But as luck as it no damage was done. Then i opened the box .And on inspection i can see little or no material on the wheel arch lip .I need a good lip to screw the mud flap on to ..All the aftermarket wings are the same.I have had 3 over the last year .Did not use them for the same reason no material to fix the flap to.The aftermarket wing was better, they had more material in the arch than the new original i had from mb This one is going back to Mercedes for a refund .Never to have another new original from MB again.

So now i am going second hand again if it takes some time to find a good one ,i will keep looking .

So after i gave up on ever finding a replacement front wing for my w124 after looking for 3 years .I made up my mind to go out and buy a new original wing from Mercedes . So deal done .On its arrival yesterday with the wing sticking out the box 2 inches on the bottom part of the box it rested on .But as luck as it no damage was done. Then i opened the box .And on inspection i can see little or no material on the wheel arch lip .I need a good lip to screw the mud flap on to ..All the aftermarket wings are the same.I have had 3 over the last year .Did not use them for the same reason no material to fix the flap to.The aftermarket wing was better, they had more material in the arch than the new original i had from mb This one is going back to Mercedes for a refund .Never to have another new original from MB again.

So now i am going second hand again if it takes some time to find a good one ,i will keep looking .

Hi there. Have you tried retrodave on here? He breaks these cars.

Is there any way apart from stickers to verify you have an original, not Scott in the parts division helping himself to your hard earned with a swap out...?

Go down there ready for a robust, bang the counter [gently] if you have to should you be getting the run around.

There should be a star embossed or stamped into it somewhere if it is Genuine. Tell them that. They know! Show me!

If it isn't Scott doing the swap it'll be one of his mates along the supply chain.

I'll get you a picture if you need one and tell them you'll be off to MBUK if they don't give you a full refund for the one supplied if it isn't the same as the original. Mud flaps are a Genuine part for the 124 and carry a Genuine MB Part number. They should fit any Genuine wing.

WDB the wing came from Mercedes Benz of Newcastle they have a web site on Ebay its there that i purchased it , they listed the wing for me. Thing is its cost me £37 to send it back to them /.

I see, well if you need a picture and want to push the return thing let me know, as far as I'm concerned if you have a valid point they absorb their/or the fee....?

As a comparison I booked a car in with a MB Dealership for a diagnostic that didn't go well. Result; no fee Sir, you were disappointed and so are we. That's the way it should be - for honest people.

As far as I am aware both my front wings are original MB. These are for/on a 300te 4-Matic !!! let me know and I will happily photograph the trailing wheel arch for you to see if it matches/matched what you ordered =original.

WDB i did email them after i read your post . Told them it cost £37 to return it and i dont think i will see that again do you ? And i said that the forum said all parts are stamped with the star and only thing i could see was a number 1.

Bruce these are pictures of the wing Bruce just sent a picture but it was to large format so it failed .This camera as a few settings and i must have caught them. So no pics

Wait till they respond, but if it isn't right it shouldn't cost you money to put right or return for refund, is my feeling. If it goes back ask them to uplift it.

I am in the southern hemisphere but incorrect [their mistake] parts I bought from the US through the MB global machine were uplifted from my address and returned to them at no cost to me. Even got a refund on local taxes and import duty. They are very fair are the MB trading rules, don't let the locals mess you round too much wrt this. It is a different story if you are outside the MB network of course.

Packaging is another anomaly here, normally excellent with MB stuff, bits don't tend to hang out. I've never bought large panels though - they may be different??

I'll check the lip on mine in the morning after sun rise if you like, I know for sure they are factory fit. Tell me exactly where.

Will do but i still dont know where to send the image to .The site is good but i need to work at it so that i know .
My camera was set on large image by mistake .

I think there is a bit of a Hank panky But only ones that know about it ,, are the ones in charge of purchasing I dont know really, it very well could be original but they do cut down on all items to save money . Some time ago a chap on the forum sent one through the post it was genuine with lots of lip on the arch. And it was damaged in transit by the courier. Another time a chap bought one over to my home .As soon as i saw it i said its not original ,./He said yes it is, I know i purchased it from Mercedes .The reason i said it was that this wing had no lip on the wheel arch . So now i am thinking they are original and of poor quality ..So its a hunt for a second hand one all over again .Might be best to just sell it . To find a good one is hard and to buy new one is a hit and a miss .

Can i ask i have just pressed something and the print and words are so small to read only on this forum and page .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom