Wanted Private number plate : 666 KA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Total price for a £5500 hammer price. From DVLA Auction site

Hammer Price:£5,500.00
VAT on Hammer Price @ 20%:£1,100.00
Buyer's Premium @ 8%:£440.00
VAT on Buyer's Premium @ 20%:£88.00
Total VAT @ 20%:£1,188.00
Assignment Fee (not VATable):£80.00

Total Amount Payable:
£7,208.00

You are correct that’s what the person who bought it would have paid

Total price for a £5500 hammer price. From DVLA Auction site

Hammer Price:£5,500.00
VAT on Hammer Price @ 20%:£1,100.00
Buyer's Premium @ 8%:£440.00
VAT on Buyer's Premium @ 20%:£88.00
Total VAT @ 20%:£1,188.00
Assignment Fee (not VATable):£80.00

Total Amount Payable:
£7,208.00

Strange, I have only ever had to pay the hammer price plus VAT. Things must have changed since my purchases.

Looking at that price, I'd be surprised if the current owner lets it go for less than £10k IF he/she decides to sell it. If I had a valuable plate and knew someone wanted it, it would definitely have a premium on top of what it cost me

Looking at that price, I'd be surprised if the current owner lets it go for less than £10k IF he/she decides to sell it. If I had a valuable plate and knew someone wanted it, it would definitely have a premium on top of what it cost me

I would probably pay around 10 for it - problem is finding the owner of it - I’ve tried everything legally to try and reach out too them ... may just have to settle for something else :(

I would probably pay around 10 for it - problem is finding the owner of it - I’ve tried everything legally to try and reach out too them ... may just have to settle for something else :(

Why didn’t you bid at auction??

Why didn’t you bid at auction??

Was just out of my price range and couldn’t afford it .. fast forward to now I can - really annoying :( lol , I’m guessing the person really wanted it as it’s the most a KA plate has gone for in awhile - normally they range between 2.5-3.5k hammer price - would be my bloody luck it goes way above -.-

The '666' would have bumped the price up for references to 'the devil' or 'satan'

How about
reg.php
??!!
If you spaced it as K 666'S KA, you'd have about £9k left over to pay any fines!

I've got to ask.

If you can afford to spend 10k on a plate, why on earth are you driving a Ka?

I've got to ask.

If you can afford to spend 10k on a plate, why on earth are you driving a Ka?

Haha I love it - just because you can afford something “better” doesn’t mean it’s as enjoyable , besides I’ve been able to modify it to how I like it and still have money left over - whereas if I got a more expensive car it would just be as standard. Also it is so cheap to run I get great MPG out of it and anything that goes wrong because it’s a ford doesn’t break my bank balance to fix :)

I understand what you are saying but £10k for a plate to go on a Ford Ka is an odd one. What happens when you sell the Ka and the Plate is no longer relevant. Very hard to sell on I’d imagine. You may end up with a £10k garage wall ornament. I’m afraid I don’t get it......I have a private plate on my car but (a) it’s not vehicle specific (it is my name) and (b) it cost me £399 so not too much ‘invested’ in it.

I understand what you are saying but £10k for a plate to go on a Ford Ka is an odd one. What happens when you sell the Ka and the Plate is no longer relevant. Very hard to sell on I’d imagine. You may end up with a £10k garage wall ornament. I’m afraid I don’t get it......I have a private plate on my car but (a) it’s not vehicle specific (it is my name) and (b) it cost me £399 so not too much ‘invested’ in it.

Don’t worry your not the first to
Say this I know it’s very niche ... but I plan on keeping my KA going forever - I’m going to have it rust treated soon and I’ve already replaced most of what you can replace already haha - I plan on getting it to classic status and more after that I’ve always loved these cars so couldn’t picture driving anything else

I still think you’re nuts, but to each his own!!!!! Enjoy the car!!

Everyone's pride and joy is different - we all have different tastes. I can imagine the KA is far from standard but I could be wrong.

Look at the 'Interesting number plates' thread, there are many expensive plates on cars of lesser value

Forum member says that he wants to buy something, other forum members tell him that he's wrong.

Weird.

A vanity plate dealer will have 'ways and means' of discovering who owns a number. If they sense some commission heading their way they'll be able to make enquiries, as it were.

I'm sure I've seen on websites, that deal in this kind of thing, a form you can fill in with the plate you are interested.

I presumed they would contact the owner on your behalf and ask them if they had any interest in the deal and they might broker...

I'm sure I've seen on websites, that deal in this kind of thing, a form you can fill in with the plate you are interested.

I presumed they would contact the owner on your behalf and ask them if they had any interest in the deal and they might broker...

I’m sure all they do is check there database if you fill the form in - I have on occassion rang them and had a response from - “ Give me a few days I’ll call you back “ - never to hear from them again , and the others “ due to data protection blah blah “

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom