Wanted STAR diagnostics..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gaz-M

Car
17' Flint Grey Vito 116 Auto
Im after STAR diagnostics, even if its the "aftermarket" type as long as it works good.

Anyone got or know of anything?

Even a link to good known STAR you may have bought yourself?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine is very very expensive and not economical for a DIYer

I won't post links as they may get removed, however there are a few on ebay

Cheaper still on Aliexpress but there are some bad clones there too

There seem to be sites selling these but if not from MB it is likely to be 'aftermarket'

Yeh "aftermarket" is what im expecting, I see they tend to come with laptops too.

If anyone has a suggested one to buy they know is good, a PM would be well appreciated!!

Thanks Chris i seen that one but its used and £475 where as I can buy the same thing new from an Ebay supplier for £499 as far as I can see!?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262452022490

Ideally dont want to spend £500!

Nobody got a used setup at a more realistic price!? :D

The cheapest way then is to purchase separately

D630

C3 + HDD

or complete set

I bought mine from Aliexpress a few years back and it works fine. I cannot vouch for them though

Superb, thats cheap! I think Im going to buy the C3 & HDD from Aliexpress then the D630 off Ebay, do I just swap the hard drive that comes from Aliexpress into the D630 I buy and the STAR will work simple as that?

Sounds good- thanks a lot!

Waiting for confirmation its that simple then will buy them both!

How did you get on?

I have got a all-in-one package coming, laptop + C5, I will post my feedback once it has arrived.

Make sure you run a decent virus checker on the chinese sourced hard drive.....
Cables are to connect to the various versions of MB over the ages....

Gaz I have a D620 with no hard drive if your interested pal.

I got mine from here: CarDiag - Professional Car Diagnostic Tool Online Shop. The C4 I ordered was on back order so I got the C5 instead for no extra cost.

Kit came with all the cables, laptop, C5 and worked from day 1. Everything is installed on the laptop and no other set up is required.

The Xentry software is too new (2016) for my father's W210 but I was able to scan some items.

Works very well on my W211, I do use the wireless function all the time and its very convenient.

I have cleared most fault codes. Only one code remains which is still baffling me (9370 comms. to the heater booster R22/3). I am not sure why it does not clear as petrol W211's do not have this fitted from factory. Anyone know how to disable the heater booster in star?

What I have done so far:
- Added the fuel tank capacity in the instrument cluster
- Changed the Distronic measurement from yards to meters (instrument cluster)
- Enabled the seatbelt reminder (one of the previous owner's disabled this)
- Normalised the driver's seat so my easy entry works properly again
- Lock/unlock bleeps (Netherlands, longer bleeps)
- VMAX limit raised to 300KPH, have not tested this
- Enabled the 'MAX COOL' display in the climate control unit
- Enabled adaptive braking (flashing brake lights and automatic hazards under an emergency braking situation). I have yet to test this out

I did not look into lowering via star as I run a lowering control module anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom