Wanted UK Spec Headlamps & Clear Indicators W124 1991 500E

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paddy@polyposta

Car
500E & RS4 B7
Need some UK spec headlamps and clear indicators and clear side repeaters for my 1991 500E

Would prefer genuine parts, but will consider anything else, facelift etc

Paddy

What's wrong with your current headlamps?

My clear indicators, holders and bulbs were about 32 pounds each from the dealers if memory serves me correct.

Dave!

What's wrong with your current headlamps?

Im guessing there LHD units and no good for the UK. If im correct the E500/500E/E60 light units are different to the standard pre facelift and facelift units but perhaps someone can confirm ?

IIRC you can modify a standard ones to fit, you need to re wire them and take the sheild over the inner "for lamp" off. I may not be 100% correct. Try Talbir, he'll know for sure.

Im guessing there LHD units and no good for the UK. If im correct the E500/500E/E60 light units are different to the standard pre facelift and facelift units but perhaps someone can confirm ?

They are different, they've got driving lights in the place of the foglights, as they are in the bumper.

A pair of new lenses might be all that's needed?

Mine are the original units that came with the car and i've not got any documentation that anything has been done to them. No glare to other drivers and the MOT man hasn't had any issues either.

Dave!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom