Wanted: Wood/leather steering wheel for a W202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NW_Merc

Banned
Car
1994 Mercedes C180 classic
As title says, need it in black, preferably zebrano but burl will do too, must be in good condition.

You will be lucky , did they even make them in zebrano?

At an educated guess , its going to be hard enough to get one in walnut never mind zebrano.

There was a seller on ebay that would do them but I dont think he has any left. One wheel I was going to bid on I missed because I was out but I emailed the seller who said he wouldnt sell it (at roughly 60 quid for the lowest bid) for reasons he paid "much much more by mistake for it..."

Hence I'm looking here. :)

What other model series wheels will fit a W202?
Looking that he has a 94 reg is the same as w124 w140 ones with airbag.Same as the one you`ve sold to davidbilyk

Hi,
I think, 208, 210, and 129, "I think".
You could try Nic as he had a carbon fibre one that I was going to have, and so to recollect he had quite few different ones, though this was a while ago now.

No, sorry. I've only got one wood & leather wheel from a W220 & a very rare W168 w & l wheel which wouldn't work for your car.

I do have an Ital Volanti wood & leather wheel but it may be too retro a look for your car & TBH I don't think it would fit with the current boss, which was from a W201.

Attachments

• Ital Volanti.jpg
    Ital Volanti.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 110
there was a genuine zabrano one on ebay all of last year - constantly relisted as it never sold (i assume because everyone usually wants burr).

try doing a search for current AND completed listings and see if you can find it.

Last edited:
there was a genuine zabrano one on ebay all of last yet - constantly relisted as it never sold (i assume because everyone usually wants bur
Never seen one,so that must be rare

just done a very quick search and couldnt find it. it was one of the regular breakers though from memory

IIRC jaymanek bought the ebay Zebrano & leather wheel for his banana yellow W123.

Last edited:
I believe some of these shown in the links are modified leather wheels & not original wood & leather.

!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom