WAP V2 and SMS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mactech

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Porsche Macan S, BMW i3
In all previous phone/cradle combiations I have used with COMAND when a text is recieved in the car it can be accessed on the car screen but is then also available to be dealt with on the phone once removed from the car. I'm sure none of us text on the move.
With the Nokia 6300 and the WAP V2 cradle it seems that the texts recived whilst in the car only go to COMAND and are not stored in the phone:confused:
Is this a 'feature' or a fault or have I got some settings wrong?:eek:

I'm afraid it is a limitation in the phone user interface. The message received at the car should also appear on the SIM card. I have not used a Nokia 6300 but on another Nokia I can read the message if I go to the SIM card message store (don't remember the actual menu). Here you have to be sure the SIM card has room for messages, you might want to delete existing SIM car SMSs.

SAP takes over the phone functions, drawing it the permission to access the network from the SIM card. Therefore the behaviour you describe may be correct.

However on my Nokia N73 and SAP handset, when you go to SMS it draws the texts down from the phone. I'll have to do some more tests to confirm but that is what I thought the behaviour was.

EDIT: Just checked, Diesel Benz is correct, the messages received while in the car are stored on the SIM card.

Last edited:
Thanks for that! I have found the car recieved SMS messages in the SIM card messeges. I've never looked in there before! They can be transfered to the phone memory if required on the 6300:D
What a mine of information is available on this forum! Thanks guys!:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom