War on the motorist is over :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well that's refreshing if it's true. Maybe if they'd publicised this more in the run-up they would have got a few more votes.

Let's wait and see. The first test will be if VAT rises, will they reduce the duty on fuel for a net no change in pump price?

That would benefit millions of businesses who are vat registered.

let's wait and see. The first test will be if vat rises, will they reduce the duty on fuel for a net no change in pump price?

roflmao.................. :D

Let's wait and see. The first test will be if VAT rises, will they reduce the duty on fuel for a net no change in pump price?

No. VAT rise to 20% will simply not raise enough and there are a lot more tax rises on the way over the next 18 months and far more spending cuts than most people think.

Cameron and Clegg etc are only now getting the full strength on just how really bad the UK public finances are as a direct result of the wholly insane policies of the last government, who tried to keep even their own tribe in the dark.

We now have to suffer for many years to pay for their fiscal grandstanding.

Me, I would make a small start by cutting Foreign Aid, say to a countries that have for example recently purchased some old Russian aircraft carriers, have a space program, are deveoping their own nuclear weapons or have a GDP 50% larger than the UK.

Pardon my skepticism...

The war on motorists is over...

The war on speeding criminals, parking criminals, and congestion criminals is just beginning....

If they will give motorists a break, I will be very surprised...

M.

How about pulling out of the EU? Perhaps the billions we give them would find a better home sorting our financial problems out first......

And as for the motorist - we are an easy target and will continue to be hounded. My local petrol station has diesel @ 124.9 ppl probably the highest I've seen in a very long time

Quote :-he would consult on a plan to curb pump prices when oil prices soar
That's a relief then.:rolleyes:

My local petrol station has diesel @ 124.9 ppl probably the highest I've seen in a very long time
How about diesel at £1.29.9!!! This I think must be the highest!! Just went up at my local BP station.... :eek:

In other news: Hell has frozen over, and - this just in - a flock of pigs is creating havoc at Heathrow.

The answer is no because that will just reduce the effect of the rise.
Personally I would be quite happy to see the cost of fuel rise another 2.5% as it will mean the burden of reducing our national debt will fall upon all rather than a select few.
No effect on businesses they will just have to pass it on, as mine will.

Let's face it, fuel could be £10 per litre and folk would still drive, it's just the way our country/lifestyle is!

Nothing will change in better. It-ll be worse than ever. Lucky me ...ill be leaving UK this september for good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom