warehouse floor paint

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flat6buster

Car
W222 S350, 911sc
I am painting my power floated concrete warehouse floor with a single pack paint (fairly light use - only pallet truck and pedestrians). I plan to use a PU paint. Should I use an adhesion promoter first to 'key' the surface or would a PU paint 2 coats suffice?

I have been given advice by a paint place but the guy I spoke to sounded very much like a pushy salesman to me so I am wondering if I am buying something I don't need? He also told me blue wore better which must surely be BS so I am just wanting to check the rest of his story seeing as the adhesion promoter is twice the price of the paint itself......

When we did our warehouse some years ago the contractors just scarified the surface, hoovered washed and dried the surface then applied the paint.
Was ok for about 10 years before repeating.
Maybe now products have changed

When we did our warehouse some years ago the contractors just scarified the surface, hoovered washed and dried the surface then applied the paint.
Was ok for about 10 years before repeating.
Maybe now products have changed

Thank you - I am trying to avoid the mess of acid-etching and/or burning etc the surface. I am wondering if as a result my salesman might have been right that it wants a priming/adhesive coat first.

No instructions on the tin or manufacturers website?

Depends on your longer term plans, I remember painting my old workshop floor, 2 years later it was ruined. When we moved into the new place, we had these people lay an epoxy covering:

Industrial Commercial Flooring,Epoxy Floor systems, Resin & Urethane Floors, Stonhard UK ltd
Not cheap, but after 10 continuous years of oil/swarf/footfall/whatever it still needed nothing more than a quick mop on a Friday afternoon to come up like new.

Cheers,

Gaz

Depends on your longer term plans, I remember painting my old workshop floor, 2 years later it was ruined. When we moved into the new place, we had these people lay an epoxy covering:

Industrial Commercial Flooring,Epoxy Floor systems, Resin & Urethane Floors, Stonhard UK ltd
Not cheap, but after 10 continuous years of oil/swarf/footfall/whatever it still needed nothing more than a quick mop on a Friday afternoon to come up like new.

Cheers,

Gaz

Thanks Gaz. I am not staying long so looking for a quick fix for 3 years. If I have to re-do the higher traffic areas each year I am fine with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom