Warning bleeping

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Lebo, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Lebo

Lebo New Member

Car:
    Dualiner
    Hi I have a c180 Coupe on a 07 plate just laterly every now and then a warning bleeper comes on but no warning lights and stays on for a while then goes off and then will come on again an other day but no light any one got any ideas what it could be please.

2. brucemillar

brucemillar MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
    Do you have a Towbar with electrics? If yes check out that it is all present and correct. Some bars have buzzers for bulb fails, etc. Silly but it can catch you out.

3. OP
    OP
    Lebo

Lebo New Member

Car:
    Dualiner
    There is no tow bar fitted, it's very annoying as there's no warning lights very strange

4. brucemillar

brucemillar MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
    Could be a faulty door switch, where it thinks that you have a door open while driving.

You may have to get this checked out by somebody whith a STAR. I am not sure if STAR would store alerts of this kind. Perhaps somebody else can help.

Good luck.
    Bruce

5. corned

corned MB Enthusiast

Car:
    car
    I have had this on the odd occasion - thankfully very rare. Driving along and all of a sudden the warning bleeper goes off for about 2 seconds. Then all quiet again for 10 - 15 seconds until the 'beep - beep' all-clear signal sounds, just like it does when you first switch on. No warning messages, nothing on the cluster.

Weirdly, this can also happen in my car when I sound the horn. :dk:

6. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Active Member

Car:
    W210 E220 CDi
    If it is a door switch the interior light should be on, could also be a faulty parking brake switch.

7. BTB 500

BTB 500 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S203 C230
    A few years back my SL suddenly started beeping after turning the ignition off ... turned out to be a feature in the CD player (Pioneer) that had somehow got activated. It was meant as a reminder to take the face plate off before leaving the car!

8. OP
    OP
    Lebo

Lebo New Member

Car:
    Dualiner
    Thanks guys going to take it in garage

9. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Active Member

Car:
    W210 E220 CDi
    That reminds me I had the BTB500 experience in a BMW did not find out what it was until a dark rainy night on the A14 around Cambridge when the alternator had failed and the battery was going flat, alerted by the radio doing it's song and dance about the facia !! I managed another 50 miles before abandoning it in a hedge.

10. BTB 500

BTB 500 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S203 C230
    Best thing to do with a BMW ;) :D

11. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Active Member

Car:
    W210 E220 CDi
    It had done over 200k miles and was as smooth as silk, recon alternator after new battery and back to normal ........ no more hedges! 320i superb handling ,boot the size of a handbag!

12. JOB-BLACK-RAT

JOB-BLACK-RAT MB Enthusiast

Car:
    BMW 5 series 'ahem'

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

:ban:

:D

13. markjay

markjay MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
    On my previous (non-MB) car this turned out to be due to faulty/leaking NiCd batteries in the alarm sounder. Apparently, when the batteries don not chrge propelry, you get an occasional polite four-beep sequence to warn you.