Warning bleeping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lebo

Car
Dualiner
Hi I have a c180 Coupe on a 07 plate just laterly every now and then a warning bleeper comes on but no warning lights and stays on for a while then goes off and then will come on again an other day but no light any one got any ideas what it could be please.

Do you have a Towbar with electrics? If yes check out that it is all present and correct. Some bars have buzzers for bulb fails, etc. Silly but it can catch you out.

There is no tow bar fitted, it's very annoying as there's no warning lights very strange

Could be a faulty door switch, where it thinks that you have a door open while driving.

You may have to get this checked out by somebody whith a STAR. I am not sure if STAR would store alerts of this kind. Perhaps somebody else can help.

Good luck.
Bruce

I have had this on the odd occasion - thankfully very rare. Driving along and all of a sudden the warning bleeper goes off for about 2 seconds. Then all quiet again for 10 - 15 seconds until the 'beep - beep' all-clear signal sounds, just like it does when you first switch on. No warning messages, nothing on the cluster.

Weirdly, this can also happen in my car when I sound the horn. :dk:

If it is a door switch the interior light should be on, could also be a faulty parking brake switch.

A few years back my SL suddenly started beeping after turning the ignition off ... turned out to be a feature in the CD player (Pioneer) that had somehow got activated. It was meant as a reminder to take the face plate off before leaving the car!

That reminds me I had the BTB500 experience in a BMW did not find out what it was until a dark rainy night on the A14 around Cambridge when the alternator had failed and the battery was going flat, alerted by the radio doing it's song and dance about the facia !! I managed another 50 miles before abandoning it in a hedge.

It had done over 200k miles and was as smooth as silk, recon alternator after new battery and back to normal ........ no more hedges! 320i superb handling ,boot the size of a handbag!

On my previous (non-MB) car this turned out to be due to faulty/leaking NiCd batteries in the alarm sounder. Apparently, when the batteries don not chrge propelry, you get an occasional polite four-beep sequence to warn you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom