Warning carsoft v10 ultimate pro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

xixal

Car
C320 CDI Sport
WARNING CARSOFT V10 ULTIMATE PRO

Sadly I have a costly tale to tell about Carsoft that I hope will prevent any other members falling foul to the troubles I experienced.

In 2005 I purchased my first Carsoft diagnostic tool and to be fair the 7.4 device worked a dream on my W203 so it was through my own experiences that prompted me to get another when I purchased my C320 and a BMW Mini in December last year.

On 15 December having spoken to Carsoft (Geert) in Belgium (Crisnee) I placed an order for the Ultimate Pro all in one system €1050. I received the goods on 28 December and sadly this is where my troubles began. The software failed to load correctly and would stall during the setup process, thinking it was my computer I then tried two others with the same problems. Eventually when the software did load I then experienced further problems with the connection between the car, multiplexer and computer. The software was erratic and would spurt out various codes that meant nothing and all the features it said it would do it didn’t. The device was tried on four cars Mercedes/BMW with the same effect.

In desperation I contacted Carsoft about all my issues and despite 4 x complaint letters, 18 x emails, 16 x phone calls and one visit I am now left with NO device and €1050 out of pocket.

Throughout I have been treaded badly by Carsoft, (Geert) said he would ring on several occasions but failed to do, he even agreed to visit me in Germany but never turned up. Adding insult to injury 4 days after I purchased my device he lowered his price by €295 without relaying the saving to me, even though I had not received the item.

Carsoft (Geert) has lied on a number of occasions firstly he made out that Carsoft was a large BUSY International company with various teams working around the clock to meet demands, he would often use this excuse blaming his teams for not getting back to me, secondly Geert made excuses for his delays in replying because workmen were so called digging up the front of his business and the internet was down. Well having visited Carsoft (Belgium) in person on 20 January and I can tell you that Carsoft consists of a small open plan run down building that looks on the verge of bankruptcy and the only other person working there is a woman who does the packing and posting. No teams, no evidence of digging…. I guess the Carsoft we knew a few years back has fallen foul to the recession and competition.

Sadly I am not alone with my problems and one only has to Google problems with Carsoft to realise the extent, Carsoft may have the upper hand for now but legal proceedings are in motion which could prove costly for them in the long run.

Don’t say you were never warned …..

While there is no excuse for lies or poor service, could it be that Carsoft are suffering because of all the pirated versions of their software that are openly for sale on the internet? I'm sure the lowered number of genuine v7.4 packages sold wouldn't help the R&D and support budgets for v10.

I'm sorry for your troubles, spending that amount of money should get a high level of service. ( Oh wait, how much are MB cars again ? )

jonc78 said:
It seems to me your not entirely happy with this company?

Hi, given that I have no device (returned to Carsoft) and that I am €1050 out of pocket for a device that didn't work not forgetting the Crap after sale service, your right I am NOT happy with the company. Let's hope no one else falls foul.

mirras said:
While there is no excuse for lies or poor service, could it be that Carsoft are suffering because of all the pirated versions of their software that are openly for sale on the internet? I'm sure the lowered number of genuine v7.4 packages sold wouldn't help the R&D and support budgets for v10.

I'm sorry for your troubles, spending that amount of money should get a high level of service. ( Oh wait, how much are MB cars again ? )

Mirras, your probably right, my previous 7.4 system was good but sympathy is not going to bring my money back. Thanks for your interest. xixal

I didn't mean to appear condescending, I didn't just offer sympathy, I wrote to Carsoft suggesting they read this thread and act upon it. It may help it may not, no harm in trying.

mirras said:
I didn't mean to appear condescending, I didn't just offer sympathy, I wrote to Carsoft suggesting they read this thread and act upon it. It may help it may not, no harm in trying.

Mirras, I didn't take it that way, Carsoft have received enough correspondence from me, so another email/letter isn't going to make that much difference based on their track record thus far.

Can you do a credit card chargeback ? (assuming you paid by credit card, or paypal?)

Richard

richard said:
Can you do a credit card chargeback ? (assuming you paid by credit card, or paypal?)

Richard

Hi David, sadly I paid by PayPal which is connected to my debit card, had I paid by credit card I would have 120 days to do charge back. I believe this is why Carsoft have constantly delayed to go past the time line.

It never ceases to amaze me that despite the well known protection benefits of paying for goods and services over £100 by Credit Card that huge numbers of punters still use debit cards or cash!

sinewave said:
It never ceases to amaze me that despite the well known protection benefits of paying for goods and services over £100 by Credit Card that huge numbers of punters still use debit cards or cash!

Sinewave, I assume that's a dig at me for NOT having a credit card. Silly old me! Although I appreciate your comments might be valid and may advise others not to fall into the trap, they still don't inspire me to get one because of their extortionate credit rates.

Hi xixal,
I recently turned my carsoft business website into a Carsoft International complaint board and I write to ask if I can copy your post to my website. Please visit carsoftwest.com. my website email is [email protected]. Geert still uses the digging excuse!

Fill your boots

Please use my thread if it will help others, Mr Dirickxx (Geert) does not seem bothered about the attention. I visted Carsoft in Belguim and it looks as though its on its last legs, hence why I guess he is milking what he can. Surprisingly some people are still taking the risk in buying, one can only bring a horse to water but you can't make him drink it. I am 1050 euro out of pocket, I have no goods and Geert couldn't give two flying hoots about it.

Good luck

xixal

Carsoft

Hi, many thanks for a long and interesting post, Xixal. I had considered the Carsoft 10 kit but I think that I will keep far away. Also re: paying with Paypal - I can agree with you using Paypal as it is supposed to benefit paying for things on the internet by making things fairly straight forward. Unfortunately it seems that the only way to try to get a money back guarantee is to use a credit card, but then you risk having the details hacked and you credit card cloned. So - we are all between a rock and a hard place - you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Regards, parkman1

Parkman1,

Thanks for your response, sadly despite warning others people on this forum still bought the Carsoft system and had to learn the hard way. The saying you can bring a horse to water but you can't make him drink it is very true.

Sadly for me it was a very expensive mistake as not only did I loose my money I don't have anything to show for it as well, sent it back to Carsoft.

I'm over it now, but scared by the experience.

Regards

xixal

I've taken your warning

Hello Xixal,

I see this warning is over a year on and I was in the process of looking to purchase V12 of carsoft when I came across your warning, a big thank you for that by the way.

Has there been a resolution to your dilema, I'm guessing not as there hasn't been a post since. I am putting off the purchase for now.

Regards

Neil...

Hi Neil,

It's like I said in my thread, Carsoft was the dogs ******** 10 year ago but the recession and copycats have put it out of business. The whole experience left me scarred as well being over a grand out of pocket.

You'll be surprised, some are still taking the chance, whatever you do don't be tempted!!!!! Buy Clone MB Star system off ebay I did and it's great.

Best if luck with whatever you choose. Al

Does the clone mb systems work with the carsoft 7 type multiplexers? I have a carsoft 7, but its useless with my 211 (although i saved my neighbour tge otger day with his 210)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom