WARNING - do not fot AMG parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

UKSilverArrow

Car
W218 CLS350cdi + Repsol Honda Fireblade.
Not if you want your car in one peice that is. Some may remember the attack of the people carriers just hours after fitting my AMG front bumper a month or so ago.

Well yesterday whilst driving through a car park I suffered attack of the reversing Vectras, yep the front bumper got it again. That bumper is jinxed I tells ya.

Vectra.jpg
Vectra 1 - Mercedes 0
Merc.jpg
David
Anyone got a snow plough for sale and would consider part ex?

Yep!!

It's definately true. Happened to me on Thursday. Stupid woman reversed into me, scuffing my front AMG bumper.
The funny bit though was chasing her through the village as she tried to get away!!!:mad:

I'm beggining to think my Merc is jinxed.;)

"try a different tuner"? maybe you have a point, I wonder if JCB do anything for the front?

Hope you caught her!, the chap who hit me was what can only be described as a gent, well apart from the obvious. Admitted full liability and very apologetic, despite his wife asking him why he'd hit me, doubt that helped much.

He's been on the phone letting me know all he's done with his insurer, making sure I was sorted for a courtesy car, apologising again etc. Thoroughly nice bloke in fact, which helps turn a very annoying situation into just one of those things.

So lets make a pact and stop getting crashed into, deal?

David

Are you telling me that AMG bumpers aren't fitted with airbags?

Scandalous!

Maybe just get the bumpers from a 1970's Volvo and bolt them on.......

Well my battle scared car was picked up today and in it's place I've been given an 08 SL 500 with 1000 miles on the clock - it's a tough life!

The paper work shows a hire charge of nearly £550 per day, scandelous, never thought I'd feel sorry for an insurance company but yikes, looks like Saga (who were excellent by the way) may be increasing their premiums.

David

good to hear it's getting sorted

the insurance company are obliged to find you a car of equal or better spec hence the rather nice loaner :)

I'm assuming from this they've took it to an approved repair centre,
if so please make sure you check the car over thoroughly when it's returned and don't accept the keys until your 100% happy it's right

approved repair centres have a terrible track record :mad:

They offered an aproved option but I took it into Mercedes instead, they seemed happy enough with that, but advice noted will give it a good check over, thanks.
David

Ooh that's a good price. Hoping I won't be needing it but then again - nah it couldn't happen 3 times - could it?
Thanks
David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom