Warning light but everything is functioning

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by 1975andyt, Apr 23, 2014.

1. 1975andyt

1975andyt New Member

Car:
    Mercedes E270 cdi
    Hello all, back in October 2013 I purchased a 55,000 mile E270cdi and shortly after encountered very slight juddering at low revs, I then joined this forum and feared the worst after reading the horror stories!

I had the glycol test done and all was clear, I then had the ATF changed and the car has ran fine for the last 4,000 miles even when towing our 6 berth caravan, I have just about settled myself when driving that every bump in the road isn't a gearbox judder and am finally starting to enjoy a more relaxed, less paranoid driving experience..............that was until yesterday when a symbol appeared while towing, the handbook states - 'Display faulty Visit workshop!' and the possible cause section states 'one or more electronic systems are unavailable to deliver information to the operating system - Coolant temp gauge, Rev Counter, Cruise Control display'

All appear to be functioning, any ideas? I have left the car overnight and the light was still light this morning.:(

2. miro

miro Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W203 slightly modified
    CANBUS-C appears to be shorting to ground or engine controller is affected.

Could also be a fault in the cluster.

3. OP
    OP
    1975andyt

1975andyt New Member

Car:
    Mercedes E270 cdi
    Is this something that's going to be costly to repair?

4. Meldrew2

Meldrew2 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mine: BMW X1 2.0 M-Sport & BMW 120d Sport Plus Cabrio Hers: BMW X1 1.8 SE (sorry, guys)
    Short answer - yes.

Longer answer - have you experienced anything in a MB that isn't costly to repair?

Serious answer - if everything else working ok - maybe ignore it?