Warning Lights - Advice Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

db1

Yesterday when I started the ignition in the S500 (W220) there were 3 warnings displayed on the dash:

1. ESP - Visit Workshop
2. Airmatic Suspension (with the raising car logo) - Visit Workshop
3. BAS - Brake Assist - Visit Workshop

I was quite surprised, since i have never had any indications or symptoms.

I turned off the ignition, and then on again - nothing. No further warnings. Then drove home, tried again - no warnings.

Could this be a temporary glitch, or should I take it seriously. I am waiting to see what this morning brings...

Any advice welcomed

DB1

Probably worth checking with the dealer so they can check the errors codes but I've had SRS System Failure come up when the car was only 6 weeks only, turned out just to be a glitch.

Hi DB1,

On my W202 the ASR/BAS rely on a minimum voltage (I can't remember the thresh-hold value) but if the voltage drops below this minimum the ECU automatically switches those functions off and warning lights pop up on the dash-board. If/when the voltage recovers the ECU switches functions back on again and voila car is back to normal.

This feature is covered in the manual, maybe it's the same for your W220? How's the condition of your battery?

S.

Originally posted by db1
1. ESP - Visit Workshop
2. Airmatic Suspension (with the raising car logo) - Visit Workshop
3. BAS - Brake Assist - Visit Workshop
The stupid BAS/ASR switch has probably broken.

Does this look familiar?

w208cluster.jpg

prolly a £100 fix from the stealership, unless you get soaked for an s-class owner's premium charge or something :rolleyes:

Steve,

It could be that the battery voltage was low. I returned from a 2.5 week trip during which the car was standing. It happened shortly after that.

I checked again this morning, and all was OK, so I will wait for it to reappear before going to the workshop...

thanks for all contributions

DB1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom