• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Warning Messages

Bugblatter

Car
2005 Jaguar X Type 2.0D SE
Occasionally I get messages something like:

Warning BAS - visit workshop
Warning ESP - visit workshop

It is always both the above. When I next drive the car, the messages have gone. The occurrences are usually weeks apart.

Anyone had similar? :confused:

Bugblatter said:

It is always both the above. When I next drive the car, the messages have gone. The occurrences are usually weeks apart.

On the some of the early modles this is a known common problem - when was ur car built ? - Good news is that there is a fix for it at the Dealers.. it requires awiring harness to be modified and that is known to resolve the issue.

Just take it down tot he Dealer and they shoul d fix it under warranty.

Good Luck.

Flash

Bugblatter said:

I had that last week on me 2002 W210. It turned out to be the ESP movement sensor . ( which i suspect is just the brake pedal contact switch)

Changed in about an hour at a dealer under warranty. Get them to do it while you wait.

Thanks guys. It's a 2002 manufacture so still under warranty. I'll book it in. :cool:

Bugblatter said:
Thanks guys. It's a 2002 manufacture so still under warranty. I'll book it in. :cool:

Bugblatter,

Have they sorted ur car out yet ?

Flash

Flash said:
Bugblatter,

Have they sorted ur car out yet ?

Flash

I haven't booked it in yet. I wasn't in a rush as it doesn't seem to have any effect on the car. I'll post here when it is done.

I had this and it was the brake switch. £5 for the switch and they charged £70 to fit it !!! robbin B**stards. took them about 45 mins.

pepe said:
I had this and it was the brake switch. £5 for the switch and they charged £70 to fit it !!! robbin B**stards. took them about 45 mins.
I saw parts at whitefield sell one of those switches to someone yesterday, it was about £6ish, the guy said he was going to fit it himself because it was easy, the parts guy agreed. I think if it fails on mine I will attempt a self-repair :) .

Shude said:
I saw parts at whitefield sell one of those switches to someone yesterday, it was about £6ish, the guy said he was going to fit it himself because it was easy, the parts guy agreed. I think if it fails on mine I will attempt a self-repair :) .

Needless to say, a full pictorial presentation will be required ;) (Especially as one did go one mine and ended up costing about £100 - easy money for the dealer :crazy: ).

Flyer said:
Needless to say, a full pictorial presentation will be required ;) (Especially as one did go one mine and ended up costing about £100 - easy money for the dealer :crazy: ).
well, it's £6 for the switch and £80 for one hour's labour. I think I had mine done for free duing a service last time, the service was nearly £600 and I think they felt sorry for me :) .

If it's simply a case of taking the carpet out and undoing a couple of screws then no problem, I might change it purely for the photo opportunity, not that I want to stop people paying MB £100 for the job! ;)

pepe said:

I had this also on my E280, but it was ONE DAY from warranty running out, so they fixed it for £0. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom