WARNING. Never Let a Woman Wash Your Car.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
I wasn't up to washing our lovely S211 earlier today and Mrs Ringway kindly offered to give the car a "Proppa Clean".

14th%20March%202015%20001.jpg

14th%20March%202015%20009.jpg

Well, the car really is very clean, but...

14th%20March%202015%20021.jpg

14th%20March%202015%20022.jpg

You live and learn, eh?

Wow, what brand of car shampoo was she using - look what it did to the bucket.

I've never managed to get my wife to wash her own car. I had to go out and do it this morning as her mum is coming tomorrow and it was just embarrassingly dirty. Its black but you would have never known it.

Same happened to my favourite jumper, Mrs washed it and it shrank too.

Same happened to my favourite jumper, Mrs washed it and it shrank too.

Yep, I should have known. Mrs Ringway has serious previous form and this is the reason I never let her scrub my back in the bath for fear of her shrinking anything else. :eek:

I've never managed to get my wife to wash her own car.

Might not be a bad thing. A bodyshop I used to use had the job of correcting the paintwork on a new VW that a lady had washed for her husband.
Apparently, the car was very dirty, so out came the Vim... :eek:

Is not the domain of women only. Our son in law decided to use a plastic scouring pad to remove some marks on the roof of their 190 a while back. That worked!

Lol look on the bright side at least the "borrowers" have a car to drive around In lol

I'm horrified that she didn't use a grit guard :D

I'm horrified that she didn't use a grit guard :D

It was just a snow-foaming which happens once or twice before the cars are washed by hand. No grit on 'em by the time the buckets come out! :D

211 looked after by my son. Takes him ages to clean. :eek:
210 Snow foam then normal hand wash.

My RR gets a double snow foam and then a hand wash with 4no 50p sponges sliced along their length which is enough for 16no panels without any contamination, then the sponges are discarded or kept for use elsewhere. I kept the black Vito clean that way and there was no need to polish before selling. Looked fabulous! :thumb:

Just found this. Ha ha. Very clever. :D:D. Don't let her anywhere near the ironing will you?

Just found this. Ha ha. Very clever. :D:D. Don't let her anywhere near the ironing will you?

Glad you found it! :)

As soon as I saw the model you so kindly sent to me (as if you haven't already done enough for me in letting me have the 211) the thought of this thread sprung into my head.

I would just like to point out that no 211's, large or small, were harmed during the making of this thread and that Mrs Ringway did not wash the car!

The ironing? Just had a thought where Lord Lucan might be. :rolleyes: :D

Thanks again, for such a lovely car, Derek. :thumb:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom