Warning Sounds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian WH

MB Enthusiast
Car
JAGUAR XF 3.0D Premium Luxury
Today I had to take a parcel, of bottles, to a local office a mile away. As I didn't want to put them on the floor I put them on the passenger seat.
Well as you can imagine the seatbelt warning "beep" kept going off every few seconds. I ignored it as the destination was not far. However I had nearly reached my destination when a "Second" more urgent sounding warning went off. This was similar to the "Hand-Brake On or Door Open Warning", very loud and one which you couldn't ignore. There was no indication of what it was on the dashboard. I pulled into the carpark I was visiting and stopped, and the Alarms went off.

So has anyone else had this, as it seems a bit drastic and OTT to have a second alarm, even for a seatbelt not fitted?:eek:

If you try it not wearing your seatbelt it will do the same it will beep quite softly for a while and then gets to a certain point and then just goes off really loud to tell you to put your seatbelt on.

Its just a thing merc do to get you to put your seatbelt on as the noise is very annoying

I had this happen in my W209 when I had to take an old TV to the dump! So when i got the second, frankly shocking warning, i pulled over and put the seatbelt on, not around the TV tho (it was up against the dash anyway)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom