Warning symbol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercabhi

Car
Merc C class
Hi,

I have got my new Merc C class (C220D) and this is my first Merc.

When I start to drive, I get the attached symbol (guess it is warning), but not sure what it means. I checked manual but this symbol is not mentioned in the book.

Would appreciate any guidance and advise on this.

Thanks & Regards
Mercabhi

Attachments

• warning_symbol_1.doc
    74 KB · Views: 72
It's a reminder to check any rear seat passengers have fastned their seat belts. It goes off after around 30 seconds. It doesn't matter whether there's anyone actually sitting in the back or not.

I believe it means that the seatbelts at the rear are not being used.

Some vehicles do not have an actual weight sensor to tell the SRS system if the rear seats are actually occupied or not - the system simply warns the driver that the seatbelts at the rear are currently not in use. The assumption is that the driver would know if there are passengers seating in the back.

This message should only come up after engine start and should clear after a few minutes.

If the above describes your situation, then this is probably the answer to your question.

thank you philmerc and markjay for your responses. Much appreciated.

Today I will lock the seat belts for rear seats (with no passengers) and ideally when I start the car, this symbol should not popup.

thanks & regards
mercabhi

Or you could just press the OK button to get rid of it...

Does it not just disappear on its own?

My W204 (2008) will give me a message as to how many belts are in use. I can OK to remove it or it goes anyway after 30 seconds.

It does disappear on its own after a very short time. Also when the belts are plugged in it pops up showing the the belts in red plugged in in my 212. It's very handy for me as I can tell when the kids and taken their belts off or haven't pup them on.

Many Thanks to all for your valuable comments.

Yes it disappears after 20 sec or so. When I locked the the rear seat belts, it shows locked symbol. So it is working as expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom