Warning !!!!

gordon trainor

Hi,

I am getting a warning on the dash read out where it normally displays the Kilometerage on my ML 320.

The warning is "OIL HI" this flashes intermittantly every 10 - 15 minutes whilst driving.

The car was due a service about 1000 Km ago and it will be serviced at the factory in the New Year when I return to Europe.

I have check the oil and there is sufficient, so I was wondering if this is just a warning to remind me to get the car serviced.

Hopefully somebody can tell me that this is normal and nothing to worry about, and that I can drive the car without a problem until it is serviced

Thanks in advance for any help.

OP
OP
G

gordon trainor

Hi Graham,

I have not added any oil since I bought the car and have driven about 16,000 Km without this warning appearing.

I have previously owned Audi's which display an oil warning when the service is due.

Hopefully it is the same on the ML as it was on the Audi.

Mark300SL

1962-2010. Gone, but not forgotten.
Check the oil level !!!!!!

One way for the oil level to rise is if the hedgasket is gone - as water mixes with the oil - the level rises!

I dont want to be alarmist - but that is one of the few ways I know of for the level to actually rise without manual intervention.

Mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom