Warning !!!!

Discussion in 'Engine' started by gordon trainor, Dec 13, 2002.

1. gordon trainor

gordon trainor New Member

Hi,

I am getting a warning on the dash read out where it normally displays the Kilometerage on my ML 320.

The warning is "OIL HI" this flashes intermittantly every 10 - 15 minutes whilst driving.

The car was due a service about 1000 Km ago and it will be serviced at the factory in the New Year when I return to Europe.

I have check the oil and there is sufficient, so I was wondering if this is just a warning to remind me to get the car serviced.

Hopefully somebody can tell me that this is normal and nothing to worry about, and that I can drive the car without a problem until it is serviced

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. GrahamC230K

GrahamC230K MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Audi A3 & S4 quattro
    Too much oil?

3. OP
    OP
    gordon trainor

gordon trainor New Member

Hi Graham,

I have not added any oil since I bought the car and have driven about 16,000 Km without this warning appearing.

I have previously owned Audi's which display an oil warning when the service is due.

Hopefully it is the same on the ML as it was on the Audi.

4. Mark300SL

Mark300SL 1962-2010. Gone, but not forgotten.

Check the oil level !!!!!!

One way for the oil level to rise is if the hedgasket is gone - as water mixes with the oil - the level rises!

I dont want to be alarmist - but that is one of the few ways I know of for the level to actually rise without manual intervention.

Mark