Warrantee on battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Billy albert

Car
2001 C32 AMG
It looks like mb batts have 3 yr warrantee from what I looked up , my question is the original invoice is not in my name as is the previous owner , can I still claim the warrantee ?

If you have the receipt should not be a problem but with MB you never know.

Be prepared for a bit of a farce. Mine packed in after only 6 months but they still wanted the battery (+car) for a day to "test" it.

You have the battery and invoice you could be changing it for a friend for all they know as you have all that is needed I don't see any trouble

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Be prepared for a bit of a farce. Mine packed in after only 6 months but they still wanted the battery (+car) for a day to "test" it.

A reasonable request, surely? They wanted to determine if it was a problem with the battery or with the car's charging systems. If it were the car's fault they would be giving you replacement batteries every 6 months and I guess you would be less than satisfied with the apparent lack of quality?

whitenemesis said:
A reasonable request, surely? They wanted to determine if it was a problem with the battery or with the car's charging systems. If it were the car's fault they would be giving you replacement batteries every 6 months and I guess you would be less than satisfied with the apparent lack of quality?

Look the battery is off car and not holding charge.

horgantrevor said:
You have the battery and invoice you could be changing it for a friend for all they know as you have all that is needed I don't see any trouble

Hope your right will see

Be going to dealer today to see what a farce it is

Perhaps they will apply the "John Lewis" approach? No quibble exchange, fingers crossed ;)

Post back with your experience..

Good luck I call it the MB Lottery and it never ceases to amaze me. Over the last 16 years of MB ownership I have had no quibble repairs and replacements when I really did not expect them and complete refusals on obvious failures/faults. Value does not seem to come into it and neither does my attitude on the day, it seems sometimes I have the winning ticket and other times not!

SavMan said:
Good luck I call it the MB Lottery and it never ceases to amaze me. Over the last 16 years of MB ownership I have had no quibble repairs and replacements when I really did not expect them and complete refusals on obvious failures/faults. Value does not seem to come into it and neither does my attitude on the day, it seems sometimes I have the winning ticket and other times not!

Lmao will let you know, which guise shall intake mean soldier or loyal customer lol

It's Christmas and all that

Bet they have had loads of mb batt issues this time of year

I bet they do too..

But is it the batteries at fault? Lots of consumers on, lights, blowers, heated seats and rear window demisters. Couple that with short journeys and any battery would struggle..

Here's hoping MB are in the festive spirit and you come away with a new, fully charged replacement :)

Perhaps they will apply the "John Lewis" approach? No quibble exchange, fingers crossed ;)

Post back with your experience..

Shouldn't that be: "John Lewis's previous approach". I've found there service standards woeful of late, in fact, amongst other things, they diddled me out of £32 for a bottle of wine. They're not what they were. No way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom