Warranties

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pricega1

Car
2014 SLK 200
W203 C180K clasic SE auto 2003 21000miles

Hi
Just purchased this car from a second hand dealer with 3 months warranty on it. What would you guys recommend warranty wise when this runs out? A warranty purchase off the net or a MB dealer warranty or other?

Here we go. I'd personally put the money you'd spend on a warranty aside for major repairs.

Motorplan came recommended by a member here, warranty direct didn't.

If you can get the MB tier 1 warranty for £600 I'd go for that if your so inclined. By 2003 I thought MB had resolved most of their quality issues.

For our Audi I just got the AA Warranty - www.aawarranty.co.uk 5 star level including full breakdown/homestart for £27 per month. Of course I have not had to make a claim yet so can't comment on their willingness or not to pay out.

For our Audi I just got the AA Warranty - www.aawarranty.co.uk 5 star level including full breakdown/homestart for £27 per month. Of course I have not had to make a claim yet so can't comment on their willingness or not to pay out.

Seconded. Good warranty that is.

Please, please don't use Warrantywise. They are con artists. We are locked in a dispute with them at the moment, and they owe me around £900 in unpaid garage bills.

Their staff are rude, and they try every singly trick in the book to not pay out. When you catch them on one thing, they just move onto the next. It's exhausting. Don't be pulled in by the slick website and empty promises. All the crap on their front page can be negated by just 1 vague little clause hidden away in their contract.

I'm just about to put up a page on my website about them to warn people off. If you want to know more please do get in touch and I'll give you the whole story.

Last edited:

Got a quote from the AA for my CL 500 - full Gold cover, £495 per annum, covers wear and tear for cars up to 5 years old, but doesn't cover COMAND.

That's about the same as I can get with Warranty Direct which will include COMAND and wear and tear.

I've no experience of WD or AA when it comes to claims and I'm sure both will have horror stories and very satisfied customers in equal abundance.

May use the AA as a bargaining tool with WD. WD will negotiate on price, AA won't as theirs is fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom