Warranty and Dyno Mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StephenSJason

Car
C63 Supercharged
I'm due to dyno my C63 for a baseline run however, I hear that the operator must put the car into Dyno Mode.

Can anyone tell me what this is and, if it is detectable by the dealer/MB? If so, is it a warranty compromise if this mode is selected?

Additionally, after a tune and the Rev limiter is raised, and on a day such as VMax, can it be told via the ECU that you've exceeded 155mph and/or the factory Rev limit?

Dyno Mode is basically turning off all the traction control aids...ABS etc.

I dare say on all modern cars these days they will be able to tell if they interrogate the ECU deep enough that it has been re-mapped especially if you leave the map on.
However if you have a handheld reader then you can flash back to stock.

As far as I am aware the Eurocharged maps when flashed from a Handheld do not increase the "flash" count in the ECU.

cant see the top speed being an issue as a PP car has its Vmax raised to 186mph.

Dyno mode is accessible through the drivers information display (hold a button, turn key, press another or something like that) so it couldn't affect warranty, I.e. It's a standard function of the car - done it on both my dyno runs.

....as above, and needless to say that Dyno mode is only temporary i.e. for the duration of the testing, everything will be switched back to normal before you drive off.

I see what the OP is saying here, as far as im aware on the Nissan GTR if you turn one of the features off (something like the Traction Control or Launch Control i think) it voids your warranty. And its something that Nissan can easily detect through one of the many little boxes on that car!!!

Mercedes might be doing the same thing, but not from anything that iv heard so far.

It can only affect the warranty if it can be shown that whatever modification has been done directly contributed to the reason for the claim.

I'm due to dyno my C63 for a baseline run however, I hear that the operator must put the car into Dyno Mode.

Can anyone tell me what this is and, if it is detectable by the dealer/MB? If so, is it a warranty compromise if this mode is selected?

Additionally, after a tune and the Rev limiter is raised, and on a day such as VMax, can it be told via the ECU that you've exceeded 155mph and/or the factory Rev limit?

You are worried about switching off the available setting for traction control, but not by having it remapped and raising the rev limiter, which will definitely and justifiably void any warranty.

Interesting...

You are worried about switching off the available setting for traction control, but not by having it remapped and raising the rev limiter, which will definitely and justifiably void any warranty.

Interesting...

I'm not worried, it is what it is; I just asked. Time for some new reading glasses?

Cozy said:
I'm not worried, it is what it is; I just asked. Time for some new reading glasses?

Ignore the resident naysayer and grumpy old sod.

There are ways of achieving what you want without invoking warranty concerns.

I don't wear reading glasses.

If you're not worried, why ask and make reference as to whether the warranty could be compromised?

I don't wear reading glasses.

If you're not worried, why ask and make reference as to whether the warranty could be compromised?

I appreciate your concern for me, it's much appreciated but really, I'm ok.

I'm curious and I'm here to learn. Simple as that, and while there are forums dedicated to the subjects that I'm interested in, I'll continue to pick people's brains and participate in others queries.

Thanks for all of the answers to my questions as I've learnt what I wanted to learn. Diesel man, I'm not wishing to fall out with people I don't know so, in the politest way, if you feel the need to talk further, please PM me and let this thread divert back to topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom