Warranty and the shock of my life!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MOR8A

Car
W212 E63 PPP AMG
Just rung to renew my warranty (which I was quoted for last week at £1040 ish) It has now gone up to just under £3000 !!! I nearly passed out! Wish I had payed when I rung the first time!!!!

WOW!

did they explain why it has gone up so much?

Mine comes up for renewal in a few months time, looks like i will be going the warranty direct route if thats the price they quote!

Price increase due to ''price increase'' and they have eventually cottoned on to the the fact that they treated an ''E class'' as an ''E class'' and have now removed the ''AMG's'' ................F***!!!!!

What do we know about Warranty Direct???

Thats Crazy!, I was wondering isf i should renew anyway, but this just seals that!

Ive heard good things about warranty direct, never say yes to the quote they give you, they will then hound you and you can basically get the price down as well as add all the bits that the dealer one normally covers you for.

last year they quoted me £750, but if they cotton on to MB`s price increase, they may rise it too!

the other good thing is you can use a good ini to do the work rather than a stealer!

i paid the £1040 for renewal of the W211 E280cdi warranty... about 3 months ago...

Just done the Warranty Direct quote online.....£775.00 for indi repair and £968 for Dealer.............. I assume this means where you can have the warranty work done, can't imagine it could mean anything else!?

save your money, and spend (chances are that it'll be less than that) the money if required with a good indie... that way u may come up trumps with money saved and if you have to spend it; you'll know your pride n joy is being looked after by someone who cares ...

save your money, and spend (chances are that it'll be less than that) the money if required with a good indie... that way u may come up trumps with money saved and if you have to spend it; you'll know your pride n joy is being looked after by someone who cares ...

Yep that's all good and well if only minor things go wrong, your point is good and valid upto a point, if something goes proper wrong with these AMG cars it's re-mortgage time!!!

Just done the Warranty Direct quote online.....£775.00 for indi repair and £968 for Dealer.............. I assume this means where you can have the warranty work done, can't imagine it could mean anything else!?

Do not accept the quote let them call you and then knock them down - or ring them and negotiate.

true, I'm an AMG virgin...
for my lowly mobile- 3 grand is about what i'd expect for a turbo blow or something of that magnitude...

warranty direct will come down A LOT if you beat them down.
have a good hard scrutiny of the T&Cs though; and i think it's always more important yto know what ISNT included...

warranty direct will come down A LOT if you beat them down.
have a good hard scrutiny of the T&Cs though; and i think it's always more important yto know what ISNT included...

For absolute sure!;)

personally i don't think these Warranty's are worth the paper they are written on.. i would only do the first sevice on a new car (so long as its free), then i would check it myself from then on.. but to renew an old warranty is crazy, you could blow your engine every year and still be in pocket

personally i don't think these Warranty's are worth the paper they are written on.. i would only do the first sevice on a new car (so long as its free), then i would check it myself from then on.. but to renew an old warranty is crazy, you could blow your engine every year and still be in pocket

i had the turbo go on mine; £3500 quid... command replaced; £3000 and a few other bits and bobs that add up to about £600.

so over £7000 and i didn't pay a penny as my car came with mb tier 1 warranty which i have now renewed at £1040...

i am given to understand that AMGs are a lot dearer... so it makes for a complicated choice...

Last year Mitsubishi wrote to me offering an extended warranty on my L200. It was already two years past the expiry of the original manufacturers warranty, however, they offered me three years cover for £1000 with unlimited mileage and at the time it had just clocked 92k. Needless to say I took it out there and then and it's already paid for itself after having to have a new A/C compressor and Airbag ring fitted. :)

Have owned new and old amg's for years never had a expensive repair required.

I'm not sure how you are doing your maths, but let me tell you.... my friend needed a replacement engine in his CLK63 and I'm pretty sure the figures came out at about £37,000.00........... so ''blowing'' and engine every year and still being in pocket.............I don't think so. As for only taking the first free service and then checking it yourself..... surely you are not talking about a new car are you??? No dealer service = invalid warranty for the length of the warranty that came with the car........ why would you want that?

i renewed my tier 2 to a tier1 last year and the following has been replaced inc labour so far, i have till the end of sept left so far i am even, but it was worth it for just the peace of mind!

- passenger mirror housing £250
- TPMS control unit £350
- TPMS sensor £250
- drivers side keyless door handle - £200

No dealer service = invalid warranty for the length of the warranty that came with the car........ why would you want that?

Not quite correct - you're not locked into the dealer network to maintain warranty, just need to have the car serviced to manufacturer's schedule and standards.

So if someone wants to save a bit of cash after the first free service then they are quite within their rights to do so. Mind though, you may get some wriggling if you do come to claim, especially if it's expensive, as the OEM may want you to prove that everything has been done to schedule and standard.

I agree with the mindset that extended warranties aren't worth the money (not talking about covering an AMG model here), I've had my 280 CDI 3 years out of warranty now and in that time the only thing that's failed is 2 glowplugs.

When I bought the car I looked at Warranty Direct and IIRC they originally quoted me around £1000, after me refusing to accept the quote they repeatedly brought the price down to around £500 i think it was but I still didn't take it, there are so many things that aren't covered I don't believe its worth it. I am also however a strong believer of such things as a 'good' car and a 'bad' car and thankfully so far I seem to have chosen wisely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom