Warranty claim?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dokalj

MB Enthusiast
Hi all,

I hope everyone is well.

I have been cleaning the wheels on the new A-class, however noticed on one wheel that there is corrosion/ pitting on the inside of the wheel.

Now I think the wheel has had a face refurb at some point in its 2yrs years.

What are the chances of warranty covering the inside of the wheel? I am not that optimistic. I also noticed some paint flaking on the inside of the side skirt.

Thanks

dokalj

When I claimed rusty wheel bolts and rusty hubs, MB agreed to replace the wheel bolts but not the hubs saying the the rust is superficial and as such is only a cosmetic issue - and only the bolts can be seen with the wheels in place, but not the hubs.

I suspect that if the pitting is not serious enough to cause the wheel to be porous, and it is not seen when the wheels are in place to the causal observer, MB will not accept a warranty claim.

With regards the painted/refurb wheel face, interestingly another member here got his brand new MB with the wheels very badly repainted, clearly the dealer tried to cover up damage during transport, but I doubt that in your case you can actually tell how/when the wheel was refurbed...

I have seen around the edge there is a clear difference between the silver and the grey. :(

Thanks, I did get the wheel bolts replaced except the locking wheel bolts because I can not show a receipt of when they were fitted new. :(

I did manage to get two centre caps changed.

On my wheels you can see the rust on the calipers and hubs. The rust is inside the threaded hole on the wheel hub, which did make it hard to tighten the bolts.

I can see the pitting through the wheel. I am a bit surprised that the other three are fine.

dokalj

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom