Warranty Claim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Having just had a huge service done I thought I'd take the car to the MB paint shop to do the bodywork check (as recomended by Steve).

The car was checked over and had none of the usual rust spots on the outside of the car, which was good news.

Bad news though was that the only rust anywhere on the car was in the inside of the bonnet at the corner where the "frame" is. They are going to submit a warranty claim for me and we will wait and see.

Claim should be fine as car is in good condition...

My next bit is going to be off topic - how long does it take you to just wash and dry and apply just the zymol wax to your car? Reason I ask is because it took me 5hrs the other day (and that was without the HD cleanse which I applied a few weeks earlier with the first intial waxing process and therefore there was no need to HD Cleanse again soo soon).

flash

Flash said:
Claim should be fine as car is in good condition...
flash

Thanks flash lets hope so!

Re time taken

1, Pre wash, just cold water over car. 5 min
2, Hot wash by hand 20min
3, wheels by hand 20min (minimum)
4, Drying 25 min :(
5, Tyre polishing etc 10min
6, waxing with just a top coat (no T cutting, tax removing or sealing afterwards) 1 hr
7, buffing/polishing 10 min
=2hours 30min excluding glass and any interior work.

Glass = 30 min
Interior polishing 15min,
vacuuming 20 min
= 1 hr 5min

total 3hrs 35min (ish!)

I tell you what, I'll stop work and go and wash the car to see how long it takes (any excuse!)

Right 45 mins to prewash, wash, rinse and wash the wheels..........then disaster its raining so I cant carry on with polishing!

This is as far as I got.

Looking good :D - at least you got all the dirst, salt/grit off it and got the wheels spotless - wish I was a s quick as you on washing/cleaning mine.

I think u deserve a beer now... :) Enjoy rest of ur day off.

Flash

LOL. I'm back at work already cozI work from home! :)

Greg
What age does the bodywork warranty start from in order to put in a claim to MB?

Cheers
Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom