Warranty Direct - no longer selling direct to customers !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NJSS

Car
2011 SL 350 Fire Opal Red|||2016 Land Rover Discovery|||1973 MGB GT V8|||1959 MGA Roadster
Warranty Direct seem to have stopped selling policies direct to the consumer:-

We are no longer selling new policies directly to customers but the business remains open for existing customers.

If you have an existing policy enquiry, we will of course continue to support you.

Interesting; I have two current polices with them one on my SL350 & one on a Discovery 4.

NJSS

Yip but they will apparently honour existing policies...... But fir how long.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201130-185030_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201130-185030_Chrome.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 18
No, but warranty direct offered better cover than the Quentin one IMHO

Warranty policies are underwritten by Pinnacle Insurance plc.

Wonder what's going on there?

I had their cover on my current car from 6yrs to 11yrs. Cost was OK but they did well out of me as I only made a couple of claims - both wear and tear and one broken spring which they could have blamed on corrosion but didn't. Had full dealer rate cover, no excess and they paid fine.

For the last year, I think the guy that founded WD had sold up and there were new underwriters - the premium jumped an insane amount. After a lot of back and forth they backed down and kept it same, but I didn't renew the following year.

Following that link, what's the general view of Motor Easy warranties?

I'm pleased to report that, under new ownership, Warranty Direct are again selling - direct to the public.

Has anyone yet compared the 2021 Warranty Direct terms with those which applied in 2020 & earlier please?

NJSS

Well, warranty direct aren't interested in my SL.......Screenshot_20210416-103755_Firefox.jpg

Presumably the R230 - what year please?

They are currently covering my R230 & I would like to extend the cover.

NJSS

I'm pleased to report that, under new ownership, Warranty Direct are again selling - direct to the public.

Has anyone yet compared the 2021 Warranty Direct terms with those which applied in 2020 & earlier please?

NJSS
I went through a lot of the "fine print" and cover appears to be almost identical. But in my case the premium dropped from 38 pm last year to 23pm, which considering the car is one year older, was a big bonus. (C class w205 2016). But of course only time will tell. It does allow Main dealer repairs with no increase in premium.

Presumably the R230 - what year please?

They are currently covering my R230 & I would like to extend the cover.

NJSS
No, the R231

ToeKnee

That's interesting - Were you seeking to take out a new policy, or extend an existing one please?

NJSS

After your earlier post I searched online, put my reg in, then my mileage and it showed as the picture. Never used them before but was curious as to the price, Mercedes want around £1800/year.

They want £107 per month for my C63 AMG w204

Warranty Direct won't quote for my E63:D
Maybe they read what happened with mine, and that was the stock 550 bhp...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom